Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official J-Rock Guild
BOYCOTT Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit


i know everything

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:25 pm


As you may have seen, a few of us have:

Currently boycotting the Int'l Forum.
Let it go to s**t. 凸(>Д<)凸


In our signatures.
And I'm quite sure, you're curious of the nature of this Boycott!


Well, it's quite simple.
The International Forum is full of nearly nothing but slobbering fan girls. Almost every thread started, starts out "I LIKE ~~~!!! Anyone else?!"
And I, among others, am sincerely tired of it.

x469 created a directory, which is constantly being overlooked, even by people that are somewhat regulars. And when they are redirected nicely, they revert into a stupified caveman mode, and scream obscenities.
That's the only way that we really flame wink stupid people deserve to be flamed.

Well, to help cut down on the amount of "I LIKE '~~~'!!! Anyone else?!" threads, we tried to create simple guidelines, and placed them in the directory. (when I say guidelines, I mean just that. they don't have to follow it to a T, but it's a good starter)
Which, of course, since no one reads, it didn't help any gonk

I tire of the constant fangirls who can't post about more than 5 lines to save their life.
Was it really so much to ask for someone who likes '~~~' to do a little research on them and help other people see why?
So, in hopes they see how much we actually have helped out, I present you all with a boycott.

Don't peek, don't post, do not redirect or send in threads for deletion, nothing to do with the International Forum.
Now, I'm only starting this for the weekend. If you would like to continue it for longer, which I probably will myself, then we shall see.

My hope is that people will see how irritating it is to have twenty repeat threads on the first two pages, and actually maybe appreciate some of the people that have been working hard to help keep it a clean and informative place to be.

If you would like to participate in the boycott, simply copy paste the boycott sig into your own. whee and tell your friends about it too 4laugh
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:27 pm


I admit I haven't been frequenting it as much as usual recently, but that's basically because I had become fed up with it as you are now, IKE. So, I'm obviously on board. LET IT ROT....dirty ingrates.

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer


Pawp Tawt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:28 pm


I'd do it, but, I haven't been in there for so long, I think all the threads fell off my egosearch already....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:18 pm


I havn't been there in a loooong time either, and that's because I gave up long before you guys ^^. ((Thank you for making that nice and purty directory, by the way x496 ^.^)) You guys are having too much wishful thinking, I think no one will notice but the intelligent ones, good luck, though. biggrin

O Blue Sky Complex


Kyuubi no Kitsune

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:58 pm


I was only ever really there for the Dir en grey sticky, and almost immediately after our huge -saku- debate, I lost all interest in the people there. It's been a looong time since I was last there, because the whole forum just annoys me and makes me fear for humanity.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 pm


I mostly just talked in the Dir en grey and post your pics forums. Yeah... whatever... neutral

Don Prawn


siblet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:48 pm


fangirls are ok in my opinion, as long as they like the bands for the right reasons in the first place (i.e. THEIR MUSIC!!! scream ) i think that's it's ok for fangirls to droolas long as music is their first priority.

but even though i think this boycott is going in the right direction, i don't think it's gonna work... there are too many shallow fangirls out there to really care.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:59 pm


siblet
fangirls are ok in my opinion, as long as they like the bands for the right reasons in the first place (i.e. THEIR MUSIC!!! scream ) i think that's it's ok for fangirls to droolas long as music is their first priority.

but even though i think this boycott is going in the right direction, i don't think it's gonna work... there are too many shallow fangirls out there to really care.
What is your definition of a fangirl? Because basically...that right there (liking a band because they're cute et al) is what MAKES them fangirls...

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer


siblet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:24 pm


Kaidan
siblet
fangirls are ok in my opinion, as long as they like the bands for the right reasons in the first place (i.e. THEIR MUSIC!!! scream ) i think that's it's ok for fangirls to droolas long as music is their first priority.

but even though i think this boycott is going in the right direction, i don't think it's gonna work... there are too many shallow fangirls out there to really care.
What is your definition of a fangirl? Because basically...that right there (liking a band because they're cute et al) is what MAKES them fangirls...


my definition of a fangirl is someone who's seen their pictures on the internet and are like "OMFG!!! HE IS SSSSOOOOO HOT! i LOVE their band now!!!"
If someone hears their music, and likes their music first, then it's ok to have female hormones and think they're attractive, as long as they're intelligent about it. (perhaps i should have clarified blaugh )
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:28 pm


neutral

This isn't going to work. I'm pretty sure you guys know that this isn't going to work. I mean, it's a public forum. Just let them do their thing, especially now that there are guilds to hide in. By doing this whole boycott thing, you're not going 'fix' the forum. The whole thing is and will be a valiant effort but it is never going to work. These people aren't going to wake up one day, load up Gaia, see the tons of repeat threads and PM you guys, begging to come back. If you honestly cannot coexist with those types of fans, well... that's what guilds are for.


Nalfein


i know nothing.

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:00 pm


Hiding in the guilds is already what happened to me.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:20 am


I don't really care if it doesn't work.
But you can't know unless you try. And if too many people say "it will never work" and don't do it, then it won't.
Just like Nader. xd

why not.
For God's sake. It's a weekend that I've imposed this. >.>


And some of you can't understand this, because you are fangirls.
No offense.
stare


i know everything

Crew


Lucifer_Satans

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:26 am


i know everything



And some of you can't understand this, because you are fangirls.
No offense.


*snickers.*
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:46 am


The truth is biting you.

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer


wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:06 pm


Good luck with it all...it would be nice for it to be a pleasant place. I fizzled out of there quite a bit ago...it gave me headaches too often... xp
Reply
The Official J-Rock Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//