Welcome to Gaia! ::


Welcome! Please read the posts below, and make yourselves at home in the temporary home of . . .

<Center>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</Center>
<Center>Intro and Table of Contents</Center>

This is the proto-official thread of the Superquote! Here, you can find all the info you need about the Superquote. Ask questions that aren't already in the FAQs. Try your hand at making your own Superquotes. Or just talk about it. If this goes over well, I will make an official thread (*Angels sing*).

Below is a table of contents for this thread. Look at it to find your way around.

1. Intro and Table of Contents - Whadaya know, you's here already!
2. History - How the Superquote came to be.
3. FAQs - You ask, and I answer.
4. Rules - My thread, my rules!
5. Quotes - What others had to say about either the Superquote or the creator thereof.
6. Links and Affiliates - Where I advertize certain links.
7. Superquotes and Superquote Threads - When I find Superquotes or a Superquote thread, I post the link here.
8. Lists - You get to be on some sort of list! See for yourself how.
9. Reserved
10. Reserved
11. Reserved
<Center>History</Center>

I'll tell you a short story about the Superquote:

You see, boys and girls, it all started back in mid-March, in my third-ever bump thread (here). I'm pathetic like that. xp Anyway . . . When I started the thread, I had the idea of quoting myself each time I bumped. At first, it was a just-for-fun, ******** thing, but then it became more than fun. It became a brainchild. And that brainchild is the Superquote!
<Center>FAQs</Center>

Some people just have to ask questions. So I don't have to repeat myself over and over, here are the FAQs. If you have a question that's not in the FAQs, just post it. You'll be answered, and it might end up in the FAQs if I like it.

What is a Superquote?
That's a good question (Of course, that's why it's in the FAQ!). Well, you know how you can quote posts? You know how you can quote your own post? Well, imagine quoting that post, then quoting that quoting of that post, then quoting the quoting of the quoting of that post, and so on. Well, what you're making when you do that is a little something I've named the Superquote. It's basically you quoting a quote of a quote of [blah blah blah]. This is the basic form, but they can come in other variations.

What isn't a Superquote?
Yes, another good question. Typically, this is a good rule of thumb: If there's an arguably genuine conversation going on, it's not a Superquote, but merely a post that is a response to a previous response to a previous response, and so on.

What's a Superquote thread?
It's a thread that's posted specifically for the purpose of Superquoting. It's the same idea as a bump thread, which is a thread posted specifically for the purpose of bumping.

Is it okay to quote yourself?
Of course it's okay to quote yourself! That's what a Superquote is: your qouting of your qouting of your qouting of . . . [repeat as needed] . . . your post.

Is it okay to quote someone else?
That's not really the idea, although it is arguably an acceptable variant. The problem with this variant, though, is that it could be confused with a regular quoting of a quoting of a quoting of [blah blah blah] if you don't have the right idea of what a Superquote is. This will only end up confusing and irritating other Gaians.
Quoting someone else is not recommended to people that are new to Superquoting. But veterans that know what they're doing are free to Superquote at their discretion.
<Center>Rules</Center>

An orderly thread is a happy thread. Here are some basic rules I would like you to follow. Failure to follow these rules will result in the offensive post being deleted. Constant and repeated failure will result in me asking you to leave my thread forever. Failure to do that will result in you being reported to a mod.

DON'T:
arrow Stretch the page width-wise. It's ******** annoying!
arrow PM me at all! If I ask within the text of this thread that you let me know about something, post in the thread. My Inbox is jammed full. I simply will not accept any of your PMs concerning this thread.
arrow Advertise at all! You may ask if your ******** can be advertised. The details are under "Links and Affiliates".
arrow Use excessive bad language. It's really annoying. Saying "********" or something similar every so often is fine, but ******** don't ******** say ******** "********" or something ******** similar every ******** other ******** word, ******** okay?!
arrow Type an entire post in l33t 5p33k, ALL CAPS, or AlTeRnAtInG cApS, Or With Every Word Capitalized Like This, at all! It's so annoying, and so hard to read. You may spice your post with it, but there's such a thing as too much spice.
arrow Breach the Gaia ToS. My thread is still under Gaia's jurisditcion, in case you were wondering.
arrow Disrespect others in this thread for no reason. I hate people that do that. Hate them down to their bitter cores!
<Center>Quotes</Center>

If you say something about the Superquote, or the creator thereof, and I like it, I just may quote you. wink

Rayce
(I'm not gonna touch all those quotes xd )
That's fine. No need to. razz
ryoisamu
BUMP you are crazy pat CRAZY!
Got anything else to say?
ryoisamu
pat honestly you are a nut job
stare And this is supposed to be news to me?
Keina
Super Quote~ *o*


*acts like a tourist and takes pictures next ot it* surprised
Glad you're interested. xd
Sutiiven
Dam'n, this is tedious... yet unbelievably fun.
Ya better believe it!
<Center>Links and Affiliates</Center>

Do you have anything that you want people to see? Well, let me know, and I will add a link here. Here are the flaming hoops you must jump through to get me to do this for you:

arrow Post a simple URL-type link. No banners or anything of the like! It would be pointless because I will use any banners you provide (if any) within your ********.
arrow Post along with the link some chain of words which sufficiently communicate to me the fact that you wish for me to advertise it.

Two hoops. Not bad, eh? If you fail to make it through either or both of the hoops, you are spamming, and I don't want that. If I consider your request to be spam, I will delete it.

So anyway . . . On with the links!

Ladles are the new bumps! Tell your friends! o.O
<Center>Superquotes and Superquote Threads</Center>

Here, you can find some examples of Superquotes, so you can get the hang of it.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6771324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
<Center>Lists</Center>

Don't worry, these lists are positive. So it's a good thing if you're on them.

The Keep-Alivers
I would really love people to keep this thread alive by stopping in frequently and either bumping or having conversations with others. This way, the thread will be constantly and regularly exposed to a large audience, and more people will see the Superquote. So subscribe to this thread! Link to this thread in your sig! Do all sorts of stuff that will keep the thread alive! If I believe you're giving it a good try, I'll add you to this list.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

The Word-Spreaders
I also would appreciate it if people actively spread the word about this thread, and about the Superquote. Word-Spreaders, let me know about your efforts, and if you give it a good enough try, you'll end up on this list.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

The Doers
People are only going to start making Superquotes if they see other people doing the same. So do it! And be sure to somehow link back here, so that ferpizzled people can find out what you're doing. Let me know if you set up any Superquotes! If you do, you'll get on this list!
1. Sutiiven xp
2.
3.
4.
5.

The Volunteer Detectives
Do you like to spy? ninja Well . . . If so, you can let me know that you wish to be one of my official volunteer detectives . . . *Angels sing* . . . All you have to do is keep an eye out for Superquotes, and let me know when you find one.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

The Donators
Why lie? I love stuff. I want stuff. If you would like, you may give me x gold or some items you feel like giving. That would be very appreciated. If you do donate to me, I will put your username, along with what you donated, on this list.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Reserved as well!
Also reserved as well!
Athelwulf
Bump!
Bump!
Athelwulf
Athelwulf
Bump!
Bump!
Babump!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//