Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold for me, gold for you

*^____________^* 1 100.0% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

NEWS : I'm putting this idea on hold because I need more time to finish the linearts, and I'm planning other project too. Thank you for your understanding =). To those who have applied, thanks again and this project is NOT cancelled =), only postponed.


Sam here.

Yay my second B/C try! This time I'm using a set of lineart so that I can involve more people in coloring and stuff. If there is too little interest in the future shop, however, I'm going to auction the lineart set instead. =) Enjoy your stay.

Rules : the usual - common sense, politeness, ToS, no art thievery. And one more : Sam reserves the right to change anything in this thread.


Post 1 - Intro, Navigation, Rules, News
Post 2 - Samples
Post 3 - Brief story and more info on the "Pet"
Post 4 - Facts
Post 5 - Hiring
Post 6 - Application
Post 7 - Hired Staff
Post 8 - 10 - reserved
Samples

The "pet" will go through these stages :

Stage 1 - Double Helix
Stage 2 - Fetus
Stage 3 - Student
Stage 4 - B.Sc
Stage 5 - Professor

More info of the stages on post 3, for now here are some samples :
Double Helix
Yay double helix! I colored the sample but not done yet xD.. so lazy.
Colorist Applicants can color the lineart if they want to. The lineart is 200% original size.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49687910/


User Image


Fetus - female
Hehe strange creature whee the male fetus got a slighty different body pose and expression, but more or less he also looks like the female one.

User Image




Male Pupil stage (sorry page streching) :
User Image

Lineart to be colored by colorist applicants uf they want to : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49839677/
DO NOT STEAL, thanks.



Female B.Sc stage (sorry page streching) :

User Image

Those are still rough ink and I will also try to correct the mistakes later.
Hmmm BUT on second thought... I'm thinking of using another set of lineart xD... we'll see what I decide in the end.



Professor

Anddd my beloved Prof : Nils heart heart , the sketch only. All Prof art will be at least knee up art, this is just the sample.

User Image


Brief Story

The pets are humanoid creatures that result from in vitro techniques. Some genetics/biochemistry concepts are used in this shop.

In vitro (Latin: (with)in the glass) refers to the technique of performing a given experiment in a test tube, or, generally, in a controlled environment outside a living organism. (Wikipedia.com).

Each pet belongs to a certain Base group, which are Adenin, Guanin, Cytosin, and Thymin.

These bases are the four bases found in human DNA. Adenin and Guanin are Purin Bases, whereas Cytosin and Thymin belong to Pyrimidin. In DNA double Helix, Adenin can only pair with Thymin and Guanin can only pair with Cytosin.



Stages

Stage 1 - Double Helix
A double Helix coil in some kind of a round test tube. The color of the helix and of the liquid inside the test tube will more or less reflect some color of the pet in the next stages.

I let many empty rooms on the test tube, so later lineart edit could be made for ..let's say cosplay edition Naruto, so the double helix will have the ninja headband next to them as a sign of "Naruto DNA" xD, etc.

Sample : See post 2, but the shade is not done yet.
Breakdown : same lineart for all Base groups and no difference between male and female.
Growth time to next stage : 2-4 days.



Stage 2 - Fetus
Yay I succeed in drawing better, cuter fetus lineart!

Sample : See post 2.
Breakdown : different lineart set for male and female, but no difference between each Base group.
Growth time to next stage: 1-3 weeks.



Stage 3 - Student/Pupil
Actually they look more like little children... pupil perhaps? Here they learn more to become Bachelor of Science (B.Sc, the next stage).

Sample : See post 2.
Breakdown : different lineart set for male and female, different line art set between Purin and Pyrimidin.
Growth time to next stage : 1-2 months.



Stage 4 - B.Sc
Bachelor of Science, now they have mastered some biochemistry techniques and capable to do some research.
In this stage the pet will be able to use some "mutation item" that will be offered in the shop.

Sample : see post 2.
Breakdown : different lineart set for male and female, different line art set between all Base groups.
Growth time to next stage : last forever without RP and some additional items.

-----------> thinking of adding one stage more here , M.Sc (Master of Science).


Stage 5 - Professor
A really rare stage, will only be achieved through RP and purchase of some additional items from the shop.
Breeding will only be available for this stage too, read next post for more info on breeding.

Sample : See post 2 for Nils, Sam's Professor sketch. I will finish the full body CG art later when the shop is running.
Breakdown : full custom lineart, knee-up or full body picture.
Growth time to next stage : last forever.

Facts

1. RP mandatory? No, but you have to RP to reach Professor stage and to breed.

2. Price?
I'm thinking of 10k/pet on normal FS.

3. Breeding info? Only Professors from the same generation can breed, and each Professor can only breed once. Just like the pairing in DNA double helix, the possible scheme for breeding are only between Adenin-Thymin or Guanin-Cytosin. Homosexual breeding are allowed.

4. The name of the owner? "Mentor" or "Tutor".
Hiring


HIRING HIRING HIRING, PEOPLE APPLY!
END DATE : until I find someone I really like or 17 March, subject to change


ON HOLD


This is going to be a long post whee whee , be prepared.


General requirements
- important to all applicants
    1. You have to be able to work with Sam, and eventually with other future staff. I do not like stress and argumentation.. so you know. And you have to be able to respect my authority as first in command of the shop.

    2. You must be honest and responsible. I will not rush any of my staff, but I cannot stand liars.. and we are also working with (fake) money in this shop. So I need to trust you.

    3. Expecting gold is not bad, but please don't make it your main goal in joining the shop!! First, we can't be sure that the shop gonna run well, second having fun is more important! =D. Here is my payment plan for the Staff once the shop already run:
    Shop Manager - depends on the rate wanted
    RP Manager - depends on the rate wanted
    Main Colorist -
      normal FS : 60% of each pet colored
      80% of MAJOR lineart edit of each pet colored
      Rate for special events will be handled later





    4. Please do not be upset if I do not pick you
    . I will use my best judgment and try to be as fair as I can, but I cannot pick everyone. So don't take things personally, I'm really honoured that you show interest to work in the shop!



HIRING : one SHOP MANAGER

Job description:
    1. General organisation, updating first page and taking care of guild administration later.
    2. The only person beside Sam that has access to the mule and therefore responsible for the cash/budget of the shop.
    3. Organisation of event.
    4. Second in command.



[b]APPLICATION AS SHOP MANAGER[/b]
Gaia Username :
Preferred nickname :
Experience :
Time zone :
Hours spent on Gaia daily :
Why do you want to work in this shop?
How much do you want to be paid? Does having a custom pet count as payment for you?

How old are you iRL?
Anything you would like to say?





HIRING : one RP MANAGER

Job description:
    1. Playing certain NPC(s), checking the journals and later quests.
    2. Helping/answering questions from owners regarding RP.
    3. Organisation of RP-ish event.
    4. Important : I expect this person to be "moderate" in doing the job, i.e. semi-literate without being a grammar Nazi. Too strict is as bad as too lenient!




[b]APPLICATION AS RP MANAGER[/b]
Gaia Username :
Preferred nickname :
Experience :
Time zone :
Hours spent on Gaia daily :
Why do you want to work in this shop?
How much do you want to be paid? Does having a custom pet count as payment for you?

Is English your mother tongue?
Do you find the back story of the shop compelling?

How old are you iRL?
Anything you would like to say?





HIRING : two MAIN COLORIST


Job description:
    1. Coloring the pets digitally WITHOUT SHADING TEMPLATE mrgreen , be it soft/cell style.
    2. If you want to, you can also do nice lineart edit.

    Once I'm done with at least one clean inked lineart, I'll put it here and you can color it if you want to, but you don't have to.





[b]APPLICATION AS MAIN COLORIST[/b]
Gaia Username :
Preferred nickname :
Experience :
Time zone :
Hours spent on Gaia daily :
Why do you want to work in this shop?
Do you agree with my payment plan? If not, please state your rate :

Can you do lineart edit?
Do you know how to change lineart color?
Sample : [b]at least 3 on humanoid art with clothes[/b]

How old are you iRL?
Anything you would like to say?

Applications

SHOP MANAGER
Tezi

APPLICATION AS SHOP MANAGER
Gaia Username : Tezi
Preferred nickname : Tezi? XD
Experience : Almost 3 years on Gaia, 2.5 years in Breedables :3 Managed a few B/C shops before, currently working on one (link in sig, if you'd like to see my work)
Time zone : PST
Hours spent on Gaia daily : 3+ probably...
Why do you want to work in this shop? I love this idea, and I love genetics. The DNA idea is just WHOOT. XD Uhh. I don't really know what else to say, but I just really like the concept.
How much do you want to be paid? A custom pet is fine :3

How old are you iRL? Er. 14. Almost XD Don't worry, I'm mature... sometimes XD
Anything you would like to say? Rawr. :3



RP MANAGER


`raze
APPLICATION AS RP MANAGER
Gaia Username : `raze
Preferred nickname : Raze or Razzle
Experience : Been a member on Gaia for a little over two years (on older account, Rosesong). I have no experience in a B/C shop but this'd be a great chance, no? As for roleplaying, I run the -AUTOMATIC//♥ Roleplay in the Barton Series Forum, which is a literate roleplay that has may events planned all done by me. I have been rolepalying for over seven years now.
Time zone : Central
Hours spent on Gaia daily : Up to four hours on week days, usually almost the whole day on weekends if I'm not out and about.
Why do you want to work in this shop? Well, the "Double Helix" phase reminds me o my Biology class. XD I like biology. I always wanted to work on a shop, and of course I'd like some way to make gold other than polls.
How much do you want to be paid? It really depends. Can roleplay it?

Is English your mother tongue? Yes.
Do you find the back story of the shop compelling? Yus. =3

How old are you iRL? I am younger than seventeen and older than fourteen.
Anything you would like to say? The idea is incredibly interesting and cute. =3





MAIN COLORIST


veelana


APPLICATION AS MAIN COLORIST
Gaia Username : Veelana
Preferred nickname : Vee or Veelana
Experience : none as a colorist for b/c yet, I'm applying at a couple of shops, though
Time zone : cet - europe
Hours spent on Gaia daily : 3 hours (not sure)
Why do you want to work in this shop? I LOVE the idea (also, for gold, but I love this idea, I'd do it for very low pay biggrin )
Do you agree with my payment plan? If not, please state your rate : sure

Can you do lineart edit?
Sample : at least 3 on humanoid art with clothes I don't have any lineart edits yet - I do have an avi art shop, though, you can go there and have a look at my simpsons.

How old are you iRL? 29
Anything you would like to say?
examples:
recent(x) (x) (x) (x)

older
(x) (x) (x)


Duct Tape Bondage
APPLICATION AS MAIN COLORIST
Gaia Username : Duct Tape Bondage
Preferred nickname : Christi, please. No real way to shorten my username into a nickname, haha.
Experience : Not much with shops, but I've been coloring in the Line Art Jam thread for a year or so. :3
Time zone : Central US time
Hours spent on Gaia daily : Anywhere from 1-4 on weekdays, more on weekends.
Why do you want to work in this shop? I've always wanted to open a shop, but that was kind of put off by the minor [haha] detail that I can't draw for beans. So I got into coloring, and now I still wish to work in a shop, so I figure I'll apply for those who need colorists. Also, this idea is adorable, and the lines are cutee. <3
Do you agree with my payment plan? If not, please state your rate : I agree with what you have set up. (:

Can you do lineart edit? No, unfortunately.
Do you know how to change lineart color? Yes.
Sample : at least 3 on humanoid art with clothes {x} {x} {x}

How old are you iRL? 17
Anything you would like to say? Good luck to you and your shop whether you choose me or not. Love love LOVE the idea. (:


Desirai
APPLICATION AS MAIN COLORIST
Gaia Username : Desirai
Preferred nickname : Desi
Experience : I think I'm 5000 to next level! ( xp ) I've been a colorist for a few shops over the years..had my own shops..I try different styles everytime I color.
Time zone : CST, USA. You're 7 hours ahead fo me. But you know that already!
Hours spent on Gaia daily : As many as needed. I idle most of the time, but I have at least one gaia window open at all times.
Why do you want to work in this shop? I love to color things heart Plus I would love to work with you in one of your shops ^_^
Do you agree with my payment plan? If not, please state your rate :
Any payment is fine with me.
Can you do lineart edit? Somewhat. I can do most edits no problem, but having the lines match the original artist's is the problem.
Do you know how to change lineart color? Yes ^.^
Sample : _x__x__x__x_

How old are you iRL? 18
Anything you would like to say? I love you, even if you don't choose me. xp


Second Banshee
APPLICATION AS MAIN COLORIST
Gaia Username : Second Banshee
Preferred nickname : Izzy, or Banshee
Experience : I haven't joined a shop before, but I love colouring.
Time zone : EST
Hours spent on Gaia daily : Donno. I'm on here an awful lot though. I can't remember not being on Gaia lately.
Why do you want to work in this shop?: I love your linearts, and I love the idea behind this shop. I think it's really unique, and cute!
Do you agree with my payment plan? If not, please state your rate : Of course I do!

Can you do lineart edit?: I've never tried, and I don't quite know what you mean. Sorry.
Do you know how to change lineart color? Yup!
Sample : <3 WIP <3 <3 <3 <3

How old are you iRL?: 16 biggrin
Anything you would like to say?: Regardless of whether or not I'm hired, I really hope this does well. It's an awesome idea- good luck!
To do list

-think of erweiterung möglichkeiten
-ink helix and fetus line
-draw pupil stage pyrimidin
-ink pupil stage purin
-item(s) idea
-draw nils heart heart
-B.Sc lineart - corretion, ink
-cert & banner idea

working on :
-inking male pupil omg so difficult xD
-B.Sc linearts.. can't choose which one stressed

Cluttered Genius

11,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Object of Affection 150
this sounds sooooo cool!!!!
I'm a genetics/microbiology/computer science student in Vienna, Austria and I'd love to be involved in this!
I didn't wait till you posted who you are hiring, but if you need one, I'd love to apply as colorist (can do line edits like clothes/stuff)

here are some samples:
recent
(x) (x) (x) (x)
older
(x) (x) (x)
otherwise: probably your first customer biggrin
blaugh Hello Veelana =D... just finished posting the hiring post heart .
AHH I love this. I'm actually doing an experiment on genetics, and protein functions in humans and animals right now. ^_^;
I may also consider applying for colourist if I don't get the job as a manager hahah.

APPLICATION AS SHOP MANAGER
Gaia Username : Tezi
Preferred nickname : Tezi? XD
Experience : Almost 3 years on Gaia, 2.5 years in Breedables :3 Managed a few B/C shops before, currently working on one (link in sig, if you'd like to see my work)
Time zone : PST
Hours spent on Gaia daily : 3+ probably...
Why do you want to work in this shop? I love this idea, and I love genetics. The DNA idea is just WHOOT. XD Uhh. I don't really know what else to say, but I just really like the concept.
How much do you want to be paid? A custom pet is fine :3

How old are you iRL? Er. 14. Almost XD Don't worry, I'm mature... sometimes XD
Anything you would like to say? Rawr. :3

Cluttered Genius

11,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Object of Affection 150
SamanthaDexter
blaugh Hello Veelana =D... just finished posting the hiring post heart .

I left a comment in your profile biggrin


APPLICATION AS MAIN COLORIST
Gaia Username : Veelana
Preferred nickname : Vee or Veelana
Experience : none as a colorist for b/c yet, I'm applying at a couple of shops, though
Time zone : cet - europe
Hours spent on Gaia daily : 3 hours (not sure)
Why do you want to work in this shop? I LOVE the idea (also, for gold, but I love this idea, I'd do it for very low pay biggrin )
Do you agree with my payment plan? If not, please state your rate : sure

Can you do lineart edit?
Sample : at least 3 on humanoid art with clothes I don't have any lineart edits yet - I do have an avi art shop, though, you can go there and have a look at my simpsons.

How old are you iRL? 29
Anything you would like to say?
examples:
recent(x) (x) (x) (x)

older
(x) (x) (x)

Cluttered Genius

11,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Object of Affection 150
do you have a template I can edit/color for you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//