Welcome to Gaia! ::


Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
User Image


User Image «Best of Show» July 04, August 04, September 04
- Entry 047 - Kojira
User Image



User Image «Overall Best CG» October 04
- Entry 047 - Kojira
User Image


User Image «Overall Best Natural Media» October 04
- Entry 030 - Plum Lovelace
User Image




User Image «Avatar Art: Best Overall» July 04
- Entry 047 - Kojira
User Image


User Image «Avatar Art: 1st Overall Runner Up» September 04, October 04
- Entry 030 - Plum Lovelace
User Image


User Image «Avatar Art: Best Couple/Group Art» October 04
- Entry 079 - Runesoul
User Image


User Image «Avatar Art: Notable» October 04
- Entry 013 - [malee]
User Image


User Image «Avatar Art: Notable» October 04
- Entry 070 - omennemo
User Image




User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Best Overall» July 04
- Entry 065 - Leowen
User Image


User Image «FFXI Fan Art: 1st Overall Runner Up» September 04, October 04
- Entry 057 - Sora Icefreeze
User Image


User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Best Couple Art» October 04
- Entry 016 - Plum Lovelace and Noirabu
User Image


User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Notable» October 04
- Entry 048 - Elaine10
User Image


User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Notable» October 04
- Entry 059 - AwfulBeast
User Image




User Image «Honorable Mentions x10» feb06 or dec04
User Image- Entry 022 - Shigatsu-san
User Image- Entry 072 - Dea.Nex
User Image- Entry 009 - xx-leinne-xx
User Image- Entry 019 - Plum Lovelace
User Image- Entry 014 - Noirabu & Plum Lovelace
User Image- Entry 032 - akira_akira
User Image- Entry 020 - Shigatsu-san
User Image- Entry 062 - MagicalShine
User Image- Entry 033 - Mlkkl
User Image- Entry 046 - RainingSugar

** I am going to spend this week sending out prizes! Please be patient on my getting them out to you.

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Yummie Art Introduction

User Image «Why» BECAUSE I LIKE ART! It's as simple as that really. ;o I've always wantd to do an art contest. I've never really been brave enough to make one. Nor have I really took the time to really put something together or sort through the things I'd be willing to part with. =) Either way, I really want to see what could come from an art contest. They have always looked like a lot of fun for all those involved. I do hope that everyone has fun. ^^ BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER MINI CONTEST! You can win 100k just by putting this art contest's banner in your signature for the duration of the contest!



Important Dates

User Image «Start Date» February 1st, 2007: 12:01 AM CST
User Image «End Date» May 2nd, 2007: 11:59 PM CST(my birthday.)
User Image «Judging» May 4th-10th, 2007
User Image «Winners Announced» May 13th, 2007



News & Annoucements

User Image «5.13» Due to unexpected circumstances, the winners will be announed May 13th. Also, the most creative categories were changed to "Notables" for reasons being it was too hard to try to sort through creative scores-- much harder than I originally anticipated.
User Image «5.04» I have extended the judging period by four days. This is because I received many many more entries than I had anticipated. ;o I want each entry to have it's proper attention when being judged. I feel that allowing the judges more time will leave them feeling less rushed.
User Image «4.02» If you don't particularly like any of the outfits that we have provided for you to draw, feel free to draw something that one of us might currently be wearing. =} I realize that picking from what I have to offer might be limiting. ;o At the request of someone that wished to enter, I am allowing this for everyone. =)
User Image «3.28» Removing "Natural Media" from both Avatar & FFXI Categories. Renaming "Best CG" in both Avatar & FFXI Categories to "Most Creative." Creating two overal categories "Best CG" & "Best Natural Media" to compensate for removing from FFXI/AV categories. More Prizes to be Added! Need to decide how I will distribute.
User Image «2.3» Best Chibi & Best Realistic categories were renamed to Best Couple Art & Notable.
User Image «1.31» All important details finished. Contest ready to start tomorrow!
User Image «1.24» Thread Created & Setting Up - Might take a few days.

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Super Yummie Prizes!
Total Value: 6,620,331 Gold
ReCalculate


User Image «Best of Show» July 04, August 04, September 04
__________« Value: 1,902,777 Gold »

User Image «Overall Best CG» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »

User Image «Overall Best Natural Media» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »


User Image «Avatar Art: Best Overall» July 04
__________« Value: 880,000 Gold »

User Image «Avatar Art: 1st Overall Runner Up» September 04, October 04
__________« Value: 458,777 Gold »

User Image «Avatar Art: Best Couple/Group Art» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »

User Image «Avatar Art: Notable» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »

User Image «Avatar Art: Notable» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »


User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Best Overall» July 04
__________« Value: 880,000 Gold »

User Image «FFXI Fan Art: 1st Overall Runner Up» September 04, October 04
__________« Value: 458,777 Gold »

User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Best Couple Art» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »

User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Notable» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »

User Image «FFXI Fan Art: Notable» October 04
__________« Value: 255,000 Gold »


User Image «Honorable Mentions» The 10 highest scoring entries that do not win any of the categories listed will receive an honorable mention prize!
The letters to be divided up: feb06 x6 & dec04 x4

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Oh Noes! Teh Rules & Regulations

User Image «Rules 101» As with any art contest, there must be rules to watch for the interests of all involved... So, let me get down to the rules:


User Image «Rule.01» Follow all TOS!
User Image «Rule.02» All art contest entries are expected to be original and the work of the user submitting the entry. Any art found not to be made by the user submitting will be disqualified.
User Image «Rule.03» All art submitted must follow Gaia's PG-13 rules.
User Image «Rule.04» In the case you have given me art in the past, old art may not be used as a contest entry.
User Image «Rule.05» Art must be in by the deadlines set. Art not in or completed by deadline will be disqualified.
User Image «Rule.06» You may enter as many times as you wish. However, an entry can only win once. The ONLY exception to winning more than twice will be for the Best of Show or Overall Media categories.
User Image «Rule.07» Should there be lack of interest, entries, or something come up IRL, this contest may be extended. I will try my hardest not to extend this entry unless I feel that I have no choice.
User Image «Rule.08» Scans are accepted as entries. However, please make sure that the scans are high quality scans. This is so all the detail and effort put into the entry won't be lost.
User Image «Rule.09» If four or more entries are not received for any specific catetory, I may choose to extented the contest or removed that specific category.
User Image «Rule.10» If I am currently buying art from you, you cannot enter what you make for me in this contest. However, I will allow you to enter your art in this contest if you do not charge me for the art. ;o
User Image «Rule.11» Collab art is allowed. However, the prize will remain the same. The collab artists will have to decide how to share the prize between themselves.
User Image «Rule.12» If you choose to draw any of my friends, I must be included in the picture.
User Image «Rule.13» Rules may be adjusted or added to at any time. ;o

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Teh First Love: FFXI

User Image «Category: FFXI Fan Art» Oh Noes! Gaia is not my first love in a game anymore. A little something called Final Fantasy XI Online has taken the place in my heart as #1 hobby. Being that is the case now, I want fan art! I currently have zero fan art of my character or best friends in this game. I wish to have that collection grow to satisfy my taste for beautiful art for the things I love. So, if you want to draw something I really want, draw FFXI over my avatar art. ;o I <3 FFXI!

User Image «What to Draw» Please feel free to draw me by myself or as a couple with my best friend. Any couple art will be loved and adored. ;o In the lovely game of FFXI, he & I are enaged. So, feel free to have me being clingy to him while he looks appauled that a little Tarutaru adores the tall Elvaan. ;o

User Image «Proportions» For any couple art, please note that I am to be significantly smaller than him. In FFXI, I only come up to his knees. Feel free to draw me anywhere from mid-thigh to at max hip-height. My character also does not have to be a chubby, squishy looking Tarutaru. Feel free to give my character an actual figure -- keep it looking like a taru though! ;o The game does not to Tarutaru justice for female bodies. Below is an actual screenshot from FFXI to demonstrate the current game proprtions between his height and my own character height.

User Image


User Image «Myself: The Tarutaru» I am probably one of the biggest flirts you will meet in FFXI. Well, maybe not biggest. But, if you give me a little attention, I will be your best friend forever. ;o I am very silly, fun-loving, and carefree in general. I adore helping out people and trying to be a leader to the group of people I associates with. I do have a secret hidden streak of evil in me though. (So watch out!) If things don't go so perfectly, I might just rear my little head of temper to chastise the world. But, that is far and few between. I tend to hold my tongue back and hope someone else does the chastising for me. CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VERSION!

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

** NOTE: Please feel free to include my pigtails in any of the outfits that have a hat. In the game of FFXI, it hides my pigtails. I HATE how it does that. So, if you can create art of me wearing the hat AND showing my pigtails, I will be forever happy.

User Image «Best Friend: The Elvaan» This is my best friend in the game of FFXI. We do almost everything together in this game. ;o What is he like? He is the serious, quiet leader. He takes control of every situation he is put in and leads with a firm hand. He always knows what is going on and always has a solution to any problem he is presented with. He also has a bit of a temper. He is quiet easy to piss of if things do not go his way. He does not tolerate people performing less than perfectly in group events. Despite his having a mean temper, he does know how to let his guard down to relax, be silly, and just enjoy himself with the smaller things in life. CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VERSION!

User Image User Image User Image
User Image

** NOTE: The last image details his hairsyle and a special horn earned in the game of FFXI. Please feel free to include the horn in any art made of the GREEN body outfit.

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Sweet Avatar Art

User Image «Category: Avatar Art» I may not play around or chatter that much in gaia anymore, but I still love avatar art! Please fulfill my desires of collecting more avatar art. I can never have enough. ._.;

User Image «Myself: Sugarrr» In gaia, I am generally a quiet person. I keep mostly to myself and play with my inventory. However, sometimes you might find me in my silly, playful mood-- as that's how I am in general. ;o I just haven't been spending as much time in Gaia as I did at one point. Maybe that will change over the corse of this art contest. I do enjoy hunting for art in the art forums. I also spend time in my friends homes in the exchange and art forums. In general, I don't wander about to meet and greet lots of new people anymore. Here are a few of my favorite outfits. Please feel free to draw me in one or all of them! AND, please feel free to include my eyes. ;o They are GREEN! <3

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image


User Image «My Friends: Draw Them!» I also love my friends. My friends also love avatar art. What better way to share with them than to share the gift of lovely art for them to use in their signature or avatar collection. If you choose to draw any of my friends, I must be included in the picture. You can do anything from just one friend and myself to many friends and myself.
** If you don't particularly like any of the outfits that we have provided for you to draw, feel free to draw something that one of us might currently be wearing. =}


User Image «My RL Sister: Bel_Dandy» This is my *real life* sister. It's only proper that I try to get as much adorable art with her as I possibly can. She means so much to me both online and off. <3
User Image User Image User Image


User Image «My RL Sister: Phoenix Fox» This is my other *real life* sister. She's quiet and stick to herself, close friends, and family for the most part. ;o I want to see her drawn up in some nice art. =) She's a wonderful person.
User Image User Image User Image


User Image «My Friends: Jessyta» Jessyta has been an online friend to me for as long as I can remember since before I even joined Gaia. She has been a dear friend to me during good times and during the bad times. She has always been reliable to me. I adore her. <3
User Image User Image User Image


User Image «My Friends: Sephirothgal» I met Sephi in the first two weeks that I really started to spend a lot of time in Gaia. She and I spent night after night just chattering away and having a ball tearing into other people. ;o Remember those times my friend? It was so fun to stay up with you. <3
User Image User Image User Image



User Image «My Friends: Narcissaa» Narcissaa is another person that I met through another game a long time ago. It's been so many years since I have knowh her. She is a great fun-loving quirky person that I hope to never lose as a friend. ;o She always has a great sense of stlye as well.
User Image User Image User Image

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Submit Your Yummy Entry

User Image «Entry Form» Please copy and paste the follow entry forum when submitting your entry(s). Please post a separate message for each of your entries. That means, you may not submit multiple entries at the same time in the same post. ;o


[color=indigo][size=24][b]SUGAR! Lookie Here! I have an entry for you![/b][/size][/color]
[size=9]//___________________________________________//
Artist's Gaia Name:
Link to Art Entry:
Work in Progress OR Complete:
Media Used:
Art Name:
Comments:
//___________________________________________//[/size]

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Teh Judgest

User Image «The Judges» I am going to have six people assist me with judging of all of the entries I receive. Each entry will be rated on a scale of 1-20. Points will be totaled and winners based upon highest scores.


User Image «Bel_Dandy» Bell is the real life younger sister of Sugarrr. I'm just as passionate for art as Sugarrr is. I like to lurk about in art shops and freebie threads in hopes of getting a pretty piece of art. I'm a noob artist trying to make my art pretty. I know what it takes to make a good piece of art and I will judge accordingly. I don't care how long or how little something takes as long as the quality is good. I'm a pretty honest person and I will judge your art to what I really believe is should be given. It doesn't have to be CG'd either to get a good vote from me. I'm an active person here on Gaia, my sister introduced it to me quite awhile ago and I've been addicted ever since. I adore finding new people I can talk with, although I'm pretty opinionated and boisterous. Though don't let that bother you, I never intend to anger someone for no reason, and try to be friendly will all.

User Image «Jessyta» I am Jessyta, but you can call me the pink goddess. I've been on Gaia since mid-2003, and have spent most of that time in the Exchange.... I am a recovering art addict, shiney chibis are my weakness.

User Image «sephirothgal» Hi o_o I'm sephirothgal, and I'm very boring :[ sugarrr is one of the first friends I ever made on Gaia, about three years ago. Time just flies by, I guess. I really enjoy Gaia, especially helping others. As such, I spend most of my time in the Questions & Assistance forum. I'm also a GAIA Helper for five(!) forums @___@

User Image «percolated» *insert profile here*

User Image «Narcissaa» Hey, I'm Nikki and I mostly hang out in a shop I co-own in the Exchange. At least that's where I am when I'm not stalking R&C. I've been friends with Miss Sugar for over three years now and just like her I am an art whore. A very, very picky art whore with expensive tastes. I like all art styles but unusual and dark pieces stand out most for me.

User Image «FFXI Best Friend» ;o My FFXI best friend is just that: my best friend! If you need to see his profile, check out the FFXI Fan Art portion of this contest. =)

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Teh Yummie Entries

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Link Me!

User Image «Signature Banners» Please help me out! The more people that are aware of my yummie little contest, the happier I will be. Please feel free to use one of the banners I have provided in your signature. <3 I am going to award 100k gold to one lucky person that has had my banner in their signature for the duration of this contest. If you wish to be eligible for this mini contest, please post in the thread that you have included the banner in your signature. I will add your name to the list of people being considered. I will also check your signatures once a week to see how long you actually leave the banner there. ;o Below are a list of people so far being considered towards the lucky 100k signature prize winner...

UPDATED WITH 100k WINNER! Plus! Everyone that had the banner in their signature gets 10k!

* Yuuri-Kei
* Bel_Dandy
* sanako tenchi - 100k Winner!
* keltycphoenyx
* Alec Ikiiki
* 52kate
* cherryberries
* crystalangel898
* Devils_Angel_Kia
* heartxofxglass
* xx-Leinne-xx
* aku_me
* Gackt-dono
* Angel of Ruby
* Late Fate
* R a i n Drops`
* candy kr0n
* Jesie
* Granite_Grizz
* ~ A n g e l ~ W i n g s ~
* kT_m3_ZoEy_13



User Image


[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22479065][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/anqita/yab.gif[/img][/url]

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Other Cool Places

User Image «Link Swapping» Are you hosting an art contest and you want to swap banners, post in here including a link to your thread and already have my banner posted in your thread. If you post and already have my banner added, I will add you to my banner list.

User Image «Notable Places» Here are some places that are a great place to stop by and have a look:


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.



User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.



User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image



User Image



User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.



User Image



User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


User Image

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Available Prize Pool!
Total Value: 9,596,916 Gold
ReCalculate


User Image «Teh Prizes» Here are things that are in the prize pool. Some of these items are already allocated to be a prize for a specific category. The rest of the items are items that I am willing to add to the category prizes should people show enough interest in my contest. If there is overwhelming response to my contest, I will add even MORE prizes to the contest!


User Image x3

User Image x2

User Image x1

User Image x11

User Image x4

User Image x4

User Image x6

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Commissioned Art

User Image «My Art» ^^ Here is art that I have purchased for myself in the past for my avatar and FFXI character. I don't have much FFXI art. I just only started collecting that recently. I hope you like. ^^ I just felt like sharing with everyone.

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Teh Judging Guidelines

User Image «The Guidelines» Each of the judges will be allowed to award up to 20 points for a piece of art. Points will be awarded based on these following criteria:
* Quality - up to 7p
* Concept - up to 5p
* Originality - up to 5p
* Personal Points - up to 3p

User Image Personal points are up to the judge on how many or few they wish to award. If a judge likes any particilar pieces, they may choose to award 3 points. If they think a piece is "so-so," they may only award a point or two-- maybe even none. This is up to the judge entirely.

Tipsy Conversationalist

15,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//