Xya
(?)Community Member
- Posted: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:49:51 +0000
Welcome!
THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SUGGESTING.
If there is something I need to change or update, or if there are things missing and you want to keep tabs on the origional list, be my guest and be a helper, and please PM me or post. I WILL READ IT. There may be some items that we already have that are still present on the list.
I have an open-door policy; if I am wrong, or you are wrong about me being wrong, I will give you the courtesy you deserve for trying to bring it to my attention, which I expect the same from you. PLEASE do not beg to be a helper, just be helper.
~Before you submit your post to the Feedback Forum, please also read the Site Feedback - Rules and Guidelines sticky. There is further information there you might want to know 3nodding
~Being this is the "Feedback forum", people will give you feedback on your idea whether you want it or not, but it is best to listen to what they have to say. Perhaps a new update is coming you didn't know about yesterday, or perhaps you did not read the Decided Issues sticky (another MUST-READ) and soon your "idea" will be addressed. It is just a really good thing to listen to what others have to say. They may bring up a point to ponder that you might not have thought about, or a good supplement to what you are suggesting. There are times I have seen posters go back and revise their first post because someone said something irresistible to add. It can be worth it ninja
*References are cool! If you have an idea that is easier to draw then describe, please add them where you can, as long as it falls within the guidelines, Gaia's ToS and no naked avatars were used.*
~Politeness is everything heart . Manners will get you far.
*Remember the old adage: "You can attract more bees with honey then with vinegar."
~Suggesting is suggesting, and it should be taken at face value. It is not worth spending the time on a post stating how angry you are at the fact it is "not available" yet. These things take time, and the Admins are working on bigger projects right now then a whole slew of items for users to collect.
*So please, be patient if all you want to do is vent.
~No idea does not come without some degree of consideration, however, some people do not take other's criticism very well, and you do not want to fall into that trap. There is a good chance someone will come back with "We don't need any more of that". Please take this with a grain of salt. It is one voice that is retorting, and will most likely drop their post and leave. Let it roll off like water off of a duck's back and go along your merry way. There is a rather large demand for all different kinds items, and not everyone is going to be happy with future item updates. Look at it this way: at least you are "trying" and not just replying.
*If they continue to flame you even if you politely ask them to stop, report them to a mod.
~Don't say "I will hate Gaia forever if...", or "I won't come back if...". These kinds of posts are asking for the wrong kind of attention to your idea, and the response is usually "Then leave stare ". You want to put attention on your idea, not the way you wrote the post, and this is what most posters will draw to: the MAJOR negativity. Everyone needs an outlet for frustration- the Feedback Forum is NOT the place to do it.
*Direct your anger somewhere else, then come back with a fresh mind as how to promote your idea to Gaia.
~When trying to promote your idea, give a good foundation for why you posted it. A "pulled out of the blue" suggested concept is always good, but if there are any solid reasons why you feel it is so important to bring it to Gaia's attention, other then the gold you get for posting, please say so.
*A great idea is always better with kicker sales pitch.
~If it is an idea you want to put forward, but do not necessarily want to talk about, state at the end of your post this is just an idea "but you don't want to discuss it". This will help with the amount of arguing that tends to go on in that forum if it is a hot topic and there are definite pros and cons. Just remember, this also means that you have to stop posting on the thread as well. Sometimes, if the "heated discussion" of your idea is not kept under control, the thread will be moved or recycled, and then your idea will slide into oblivion. This is case-by-case, but it is a good rule of thumb to keep the reply-flaming to a minimum.
*Not responding to or completely ignoring posts to keep the thread going is always the best course of action.
~If you do slip into an argument and you do not want to continue (whether you're right or not) please post that you "came only to suggest and will stop posting to let the thread die." Hopefully, this would be enough to end the disagreement. It does not matter who is right- at least your idea is there for review, and that's all the matters.
*If the insulting party continues, report it to a mod and let them handle it.
~I know there are Gaians out there who have an endless trove of ideas, and it is well within your right to let the Admins know that something is amiss, but it is important to reinforce good behavior on yourself. Endless complaining/flaming that you are not getting what you want is rather pointless and destructive to any Gaian's reputation, not to mention disruptive to the forum. It's a good idea to keep the cursing to a minimum and the attitude that comes with it off the radar. It's not right to make a fool of yourself, even if you are trying to help.
~Vigilance is the key! Be very sure you are not the third or fourth user to tell them about something that needs attention. Always check the first (and sometimes the second) page to make sure you do not have a repeat thread.
Is it something that is pg-13? Think really hard... If a mature adult thinks it should be a confidential thing, a 13-year-old REALLY should not see it. There are the more private aspects of life do not need to be reflected through pixels on Gaia. If you are not sure, post it or ask!
Guns are coming. Kinds of guns are unknown. Feel free to suggest kinds, but a post stating you "want them" in general will guarantee a recycled thread.
Anime-inspired clothing sets have been condensed into one suggestion. There are manymanymany animes out there, and listing every character outfit in every possible color combination will, again, take up too much space. However, this is a rather grey area. Separate pieces will be added without prejudice if they can complete a set that is already “existing” within combos of provided separate items already available. Then there are the "most popular" suggestions; these will be added as they come.
Tattoos and eye color changes are coming I am only adding masks and "theatrical" makeup, but not types of tattoos or eye color.
O’holy weapons... Yes, we have some already, and people want more. I have not updated this part of the list. This section is present, but there are so many requests that are repetitive that I cut the list down to the basics. I have removed all "Angelic" and "Demonic" requests. A staff is a staff, even without demon wings on the end. This brings me to another point:
The Angelic/Demonic category will not be added on to; this includes weapons/equipable/optionable items like “Demonic Staff”, “Angelic Pitchfork” and “Nitemare Gun”. It has been stated we need more color choices (it is difficult being monochrome) and that we would like more items of the sort, however there are too many requests for too many items in this category. I am going to save myself (and others) the headache of going through them. The Admins already know that these are well-received types of items, and there are too many options to delve through and list- the posts just are not big enough for all the possibilities. I have, however, added Angelic/Demonic suggestion to the Pets category. Most feel this suggestion is a good direction for them to go, and has been noted.
Backwings are coming! I am not going to add anything that pertains to wings on the back until we know what the Admins are coming up with.
Items currently being petitioned will be added to the list, but not the petition itself. There are always going to be multiple petitions, so this has been removed from the list for the sake of equality. The problem is, there are so many petitions on different items, it is suggested you read through the Petitions Forum and see if there are any recent petitions pertaining to your idea. I'm sorry if someone beats you to it sweatdrop but sign for it anyway! Great minds think alike, eh?
Sootface will never be an item, and has been removed from the list. Admins say “no”, this idea has since been abandoned.
I am not going to put gender-biased items in one category for each sex; there are too many demands about being able to cross-dress. If it is meant to be a “set” or “separate”, I will place them in the correct area. I can also state “*and fe/male counterpart*”.
-Things that this list is NOT for-
~More "[insert color here] stuff" requests. (Colors will come in time 3nodding )
~Flaming Gaia for "crappy items". (Please go here... but I do not think your criticism will be well received)
~Feature suggestions to buff GaiaOnline (they go here)
~Battle system suggestions (they go here) <Weapons are not redirected
~Questions on where to find current items (Check the Exchange, stores, Marketplace or ask in the Questions and Assistance Forum)
~Questions on how much an item is (Check the Marketplace or here)
~"I want [this item that is available] in [this color]. We have the item already. The only exeption is for opposites, like "gothic" dark to pastels and vice-versa. This would give more of a range of equipable combos then just "rose crown in yellow". I say just go ahead and post these requests.
Being that there is always going to be people suggesting items, I highly doubt there will ever be a "final" list XD. Please understand; once an item or something similar has been added to the current available items, I will remove it from the list as soon as I am aware of its existence. I have not had the time to go through item-by-item to make sure the list is fully up to date, so there is a good chance there are some things on here that are currently available. Again, if you spot an error, please PM me.
GLOSSARY:
Equipable: Wear as clothing
Holdable: Wear as a held item
Optionable: Can have holdable/equipable options
*If you have something in mind for a guys only or girls-to-guys, please check here. black_cheshire has worked hard to advicate for more girls-to-guys items, so, please, take a moment and look at the Detailed Item Suggestion thread.
*I know there is some disagreement on one-sex-only clothing items. I did make note of these within the list.
There are some item suggestions that I have taken the liberty to more elabotate on, and perhaps let it have certain possible features. For example, dog collars. I think that the tags should be engraveable, like the other peices of jewelry in the Barton Jewlery Shop. Keep an eye out for these throughout the list- some are pretty cool!
I gave also added a item threads with a cause section. These are mostly for specific stores or specific item catagories rather then genralized items, like the Casino and a suggested Plushie Shop. These are not petitions, so please do not post to "sign" them, rather just support the idea!
Pets and plushies now have their own seperate categories, and now will be updated like the rest of this list. I realized it was an oversight on my part to not include them. "Familiars" have been grouped into this category. You may post in the forums about a specific one or type, but in general, these are Decided Issues and are coming. This is another guarenteed way to get your thread recycled.
How this works...
If are going to suggest an item in the Feedback Forum -or- The Gaian Item Project, please read the following information.
THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SUGGESTING.
If there is something I need to change or update, or if there are things missing and you want to keep tabs on the origional list, be my guest and be a helper, and please PM me or post. I WILL READ IT. There may be some items that we already have that are still present on the list.
I have an open-door policy; if I am wrong, or you are wrong about me being wrong, I will give you the courtesy you deserve for trying to bring it to my attention, which I expect the same from you. PLEASE do not beg to be a helper, just be helper.
Suggestions on suggesting...
~Before you submit your post to the Feedback Forum, please also read the Site Feedback - Rules and Guidelines sticky. There is further information there you might want to know 3nodding
~Being this is the "Feedback forum", people will give you feedback on your idea whether you want it or not, but it is best to listen to what they have to say. Perhaps a new update is coming you didn't know about yesterday, or perhaps you did not read the Decided Issues sticky (another MUST-READ) and soon your "idea" will be addressed. It is just a really good thing to listen to what others have to say. They may bring up a point to ponder that you might not have thought about, or a good supplement to what you are suggesting. There are times I have seen posters go back and revise their first post because someone said something irresistible to add. It can be worth it ninja
*References are cool! If you have an idea that is easier to draw then describe, please add them where you can, as long as it falls within the guidelines, Gaia's ToS and no naked avatars were used.*
~Politeness is everything heart . Manners will get you far.
*Remember the old adage: "You can attract more bees with honey then with vinegar."
~Suggesting is suggesting, and it should be taken at face value. It is not worth spending the time on a post stating how angry you are at the fact it is "not available" yet. These things take time, and the Admins are working on bigger projects right now then a whole slew of items for users to collect.
*So please, be patient if all you want to do is vent.
~No idea does not come without some degree of consideration, however, some people do not take other's criticism very well, and you do not want to fall into that trap. There is a good chance someone will come back with "We don't need any more of that". Please take this with a grain of salt. It is one voice that is retorting, and will most likely drop their post and leave. Let it roll off like water off of a duck's back and go along your merry way. There is a rather large demand for all different kinds items, and not everyone is going to be happy with future item updates. Look at it this way: at least you are "trying" and not just replying.
*If they continue to flame you even if you politely ask them to stop, report them to a mod.
~Don't say "I will hate Gaia forever if...", or "I won't come back if...". These kinds of posts are asking for the wrong kind of attention to your idea, and the response is usually "Then leave stare ". You want to put attention on your idea, not the way you wrote the post, and this is what most posters will draw to: the MAJOR negativity. Everyone needs an outlet for frustration- the Feedback Forum is NOT the place to do it.
*Direct your anger somewhere else, then come back with a fresh mind as how to promote your idea to Gaia.
~When trying to promote your idea, give a good foundation for why you posted it. A "pulled out of the blue" suggested concept is always good, but if there are any solid reasons why you feel it is so important to bring it to Gaia's attention, other then the gold you get for posting, please say so.
*A great idea is always better with kicker sales pitch.
~If it is an idea you want to put forward, but do not necessarily want to talk about, state at the end of your post this is just an idea "but you don't want to discuss it". This will help with the amount of arguing that tends to go on in that forum if it is a hot topic and there are definite pros and cons. Just remember, this also means that you have to stop posting on the thread as well. Sometimes, if the "heated discussion" of your idea is not kept under control, the thread will be moved or recycled, and then your idea will slide into oblivion. This is case-by-case, but it is a good rule of thumb to keep the reply-flaming to a minimum.
*Not responding to or completely ignoring posts to keep the thread going is always the best course of action.
~If you do slip into an argument and you do not want to continue (whether you're right or not) please post that you "came only to suggest and will stop posting to let the thread die." Hopefully, this would be enough to end the disagreement. It does not matter who is right- at least your idea is there for review, and that's all the matters.
*If the insulting party continues, report it to a mod and let them handle it.
~I know there are Gaians out there who have an endless trove of ideas, and it is well within your right to let the Admins know that something is amiss, but it is important to reinforce good behavior on yourself. Endless complaining/flaming that you are not getting what you want is rather pointless and destructive to any Gaian's reputation, not to mention disruptive to the forum. It's a good idea to keep the cursing to a minimum and the attitude that comes with it off the radar. It's not right to make a fool of yourself, even if you are trying to help.
~Vigilance is the key! Be very sure you are not the third or fourth user to tell them about something that needs attention. Always check the first (and sometimes the second) page to make sure you do not have a repeat thread.
-Suggestion restrictions-
Is it something that is pg-13? Think really hard... If a mature adult thinks it should be a confidential thing, a 13-year-old REALLY should not see it. There are the more private aspects of life do not need to be reflected through pixels on Gaia. If you are not sure, post it or ask!
Guns are coming. Kinds of guns are unknown. Feel free to suggest kinds, but a post stating you "want them" in general will guarantee a recycled thread.
Anime-inspired clothing sets have been condensed into one suggestion. There are manymanymany animes out there, and listing every character outfit in every possible color combination will, again, take up too much space. However, this is a rather grey area. Separate pieces will be added without prejudice if they can complete a set that is already “existing” within combos of provided separate items already available. Then there are the "most popular" suggestions; these will be added as they come.
Tattoos and eye color changes are coming I am only adding masks and "theatrical" makeup, but not types of tattoos or eye color.
O’holy weapons... Yes, we have some already, and people want more. I have not updated this part of the list. This section is present, but there are so many requests that are repetitive that I cut the list down to the basics. I have removed all "Angelic" and "Demonic" requests. A staff is a staff, even without demon wings on the end. This brings me to another point:
The Angelic/Demonic category will not be added on to; this includes weapons/equipable/optionable items like “Demonic Staff”, “Angelic Pitchfork” and “Nitemare Gun”. It has been stated we need more color choices (it is difficult being monochrome) and that we would like more items of the sort, however there are too many requests for too many items in this category. I am going to save myself (and others) the headache of going through them. The Admins already know that these are well-received types of items, and there are too many options to delve through and list- the posts just are not big enough for all the possibilities. I have, however, added Angelic/Demonic suggestion to the Pets category. Most feel this suggestion is a good direction for them to go, and has been noted.
Backwings are coming! I am not going to add anything that pertains to wings on the back until we know what the Admins are coming up with.
Items currently being petitioned will be added to the list, but not the petition itself. There are always going to be multiple petitions, so this has been removed from the list for the sake of equality. The problem is, there are so many petitions on different items, it is suggested you read through the Petitions Forum and see if there are any recent petitions pertaining to your idea. I'm sorry if someone beats you to it sweatdrop but sign for it anyway! Great minds think alike, eh?
Sootface will never be an item, and has been removed from the list. Admins say “no”, this idea has since been abandoned.
I am not going to put gender-biased items in one category for each sex; there are too many demands about being able to cross-dress. If it is meant to be a “set” or “separate”, I will place them in the correct area. I can also state “*and fe/male counterpart*”.
-Things that this list is NOT for-
~More "[insert color here] stuff" requests. (Colors will come in time 3nodding )
~Flaming Gaia for "crappy items". (Please go here... but I do not think your criticism will be well received)
~Feature suggestions to buff GaiaOnline (they go here)
~Battle system suggestions (they go here) <Weapons are not redirected
~Questions on where to find current items (Check the Exchange, stores, Marketplace or ask in the Questions and Assistance Forum)
~Questions on how much an item is (Check the Marketplace or here)
~"I want [this item that is available] in [this color]. We have the item already. The only exeption is for opposites, like "gothic" dark to pastels and vice-versa. This would give more of a range of equipable combos then just "rose crown in yellow". I say just go ahead and post these requests.
Being that there is always going to be people suggesting items, I highly doubt there will ever be a "final" list XD. Please understand; once an item or something similar has been added to the current available items, I will remove it from the list as soon as I am aware of its existence. I have not had the time to go through item-by-item to make sure the list is fully up to date, so there is a good chance there are some things on here that are currently available. Again, if you spot an error, please PM me.
GLOSSARY:
Equipable: Wear as clothing
Holdable: Wear as a held item
Optionable: Can have holdable/equipable options
Happy Suggesting!
*If you have something in mind for a guys only or girls-to-guys, please check here. black_cheshire has worked hard to advicate for more girls-to-guys items, so, please, take a moment and look at the Detailed Item Suggestion thread.
*I know there is some disagreement on one-sex-only clothing items. I did make note of these within the list.
NEW INFO!
There are some item suggestions that I have taken the liberty to more elabotate on, and perhaps let it have certain possible features. For example, dog collars. I think that the tags should be engraveable, like the other peices of jewelry in the Barton Jewlery Shop. Keep an eye out for these throughout the list- some are pretty cool!
I gave also added a item threads with a cause section. These are mostly for specific stores or specific item catagories rather then genralized items, like the Casino and a suggested Plushie Shop. These are not petitions, so please do not post to "sign" them, rather just support the idea!
Pets and plushies now have their own seperate categories, and now will be updated like the rest of this list. I realized it was an oversight on my part to not include them. "Familiars" have been grouped into this category. You may post in the forums about a specific one or type, but in general, these are Decided Issues and are coming. This is another guarenteed way to get your thread recycled.