Welcome to Gaia! ::


User Image


Name: Dionaea
Gender: Male
Guardian: NinetailedNightmare
Type: Poison

This is the journal of Dionaea and NinetailedNightmare. Please to not post here without permission from NinetailedNightmare himself.

Shee Garden
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes


12/2/05-Journal finally is being constructed
11/30/05-
Dionaea has emerged from his bud. Journal is created.
11/25/05-
Talis comes to claim his Shee o0o
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes

Rules

-No flaming Talis just-because xD You've got to be on the list, first.
-Don't post gifts/hate-art in the journal. PM it to me and I promise to stick it up and properly credit you.
-No big OOC chatter lines. This journal is meant for rp-age and journal entries for the most part.

Black List

White List

Allowed Posters

Just PM to get added
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes


User Image


Name:Dionaea (Dee-oh-nay-ah)
Nicknames:Dion, D
Mock Nicknames:
Birthday:November 30, 2005
Gender:Male
Breed:Shee
Element:Poison
Plant:Venus Flytrap
Height:Two human hands
Weight:Two pounds, tops
Hair:Neon green(like this font) with splotches of dark purple here and there
Skin:Pale
Eyes:Yellow, gold, amber
Marks:Purple toxic mark on his left shoulder
Appendages:A pair of fly wings with pulsing, green and purple membrane


Extra


Later.
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes


[x][x]

Name:Talis Inen Reingahmt (Rain-gah-mt)
Nicknames:Ninetailed Nightmare, Tali
Mock Nicknames: Talis-sir, Your Nightmare-ness
Birthday: Somewhere back in 2003 e.e
Gender: Male
Breed: :3 I'll post it as soon as someone guesses it
Blood-type: The silver kind
Element:Shadow/Psychic
Heritage:Japanese(he'll try to say he's French>> wink
Height:6'3
Weight:150lbs (about 100lbs of that is ego)
Hair:Black
Skin:Pale
Eyes:Deep red, crimson
Marks:A silver scar on his left hip (not that anyone will see that)
Appendages:None as far as his human form goes...


Extra


Later.

((Note: All appearances based on Talis' human form))
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes

User Image
By NN

User Image
Official- Flarie

User Image
Official- Flarie


((Note: Mine are here only because I can't very well give myself 'gifts'))
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes


User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - There is a difference between 'enemy' and 'annoyance', my dear. She's an annoyance. If I referred to her as an 'enemy' would be saying that I consider a threat. It'd degrade me. If she thinks I'll let her anywhere near Dionaea in the future, she's severely mistaken. Disrespectful little brat >>
-Lets D nibble :3 <3 Play games with D more!


User Image

[IMG soon]Aradia- What keeps me from killing her, I can hardly figure out. She's full of herself, but there's not much to be proud about in the first place. She'd make a much better 'Pride' than 'Envy'. Still not powerful enough for me to take any precautions, but she's far more cynical than the boys. I'm sure it was easy to win once she figured that they didn't want to hurt her in the first place. Well, at least not Dion.
*rubs neck* No nibble =(


[IMG soon]Avarice- He's a very time-consuming kid. Having to make sure he isn't breaking anything or stealing Kyo's good silverware has become a daily activity. Luckily, I have Dionaea to keep him busy most of the time. Out of everything I've ever seen, he's most gentle with Dionaea. Perhaps he thinks Dionaea belongs to him like all the nickels and dimes do.

*N/A*

Note: No comment beside picture= haven't met. I'm lazy- sue me. Pics link to journals, respectively.
Official Post
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes

User Image
This is actually folded and stuffed under the fly-trap in Talis' office, which he continues to take care of. After all, it was for Dionaea and was not his to throw away, so he'd keep it around. ~By Kiarna/Mari

User Image
No doubt this is probably going to end up being torn up sometime, but for now it is Dion's alternative for chewing on others xD; ~By Kaiyumi/Ryuusei
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes

User Image
[url= http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11197473][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Gryphonwings/Adoptable/dionbutton.gif[/img][/url]

Link Back
Table of Contents
News
Rules & Lists
FAQ
Dionaea
Talis
Album
Aqquaintances
Gifts
Links
Extra Notes




TEXT- Dionaea's actions as well as his speech.

TEXT- Talis' speech and actions(in this journal it will be his entries and thoughts)

TEXT- Third person in this journal only. As in default text.


Talis pretty much works as well as lives in his office, which is really just a cubicle if anything. He is a writer and a part-time graphic artist, who is hired by the large company to put his skills to use. Say that someone wants to put something on the market but they can't draw/write a logo? They commission the company and the hired artists that have the best abilities for what is requested have a certain amount of time to work on it.

When he's not in the office, he has a spotless but generally barren apartment to go home to. An apartment not because he's poor, but because he's always moving throughout the city, following some young woman who he believes he owes his life to. So Dion is always going to have to be moving around with Talis, who changes jobs frequently as well.

A lot of this journal will be susceptible to change. In the beginning, it will be Talis' writings, but soon Dionaea will be able to pick up the entries once he gets old enough. This in no way has anything to do with any of the other journals I've been keeping aside from Greed's. Talis will be mentioned in a few of the other journals, but he is different in this one. I give him a life outside of a closet in this xD;;;
Karmatic pudding
Karia giggled, then nodded, "So there'll be more Shee soon."A smile slid onto her face. "Tell the guardians congradulations for me." She paused, then re-affirmed her sister's question, "Yes, it's the first time that it has snowed, why now?"


NinetailedNightmare
"You can congratulate me yourself." Came the dark, smooth voice of a young man. Just where had /he/ come from? He'd made no noise in his entrance, after all. Deep sanguine eyes shifted between all the guardians in turn over the rims of wiry glasses, but for now they showed none of the disdain that he usually did for strangers. It was not his place at the moment. "Unless I've come to the wrong place. I'm looking for..." A pale hand suddenly lifted, revealing a rather small piece of paper. He'd obviously been studying it a bit, for the corners were thoroughly worn. "A 'Flarie'. I presume one of you can tell me where she is?" No time for chitter-chatter. By the looks of his dark suit and red tie, he was a man of business. Well, one of them was leaving now. Hopefully one of the remaining could help.


Kiarna


Mari waved farewell to her 'big sister.' "Night, Karia. May the rain soothe you to the world of clouds." After thinking for a bit, she added, "Or snow."

"Flarie, do you know anymore about this Crystal Rose?" Her eyes sparkled, shimmered, shone.

Then she jumped, startled. "Who calls?" she..called. "Who are you?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. She didn't like strangers who appeared out of nowhere in the darkness very much.


Flarie
She muttered something about snow, and pushed her glasses up her nose. Nothing she seemed to say from that point on made any sense, until she heard a voice. She nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of the newcomer. Just where had he come from?...But seeing as she knew who steal was, and this wasn't it...This must be her new owner.

"Ah..You're, here!" she exclaimed, jumping to her feet. She seemed a bit on edge, as if she'd been awake for a few days on nothing but coffee..


NinetailedNightmare
"I suppose so." He replied, raising a brow casually to her. "My name is Talis Reingahmt, the 'Ninetailed Nightmare'. You must be Flarie." A step forward, his well-polished shoes sinking into the snow and lush grass, with him coming the scent of... blood and mint? "I understand you have something for me but... What is this place? It wasn't easy finding it."


Flarie
She grinned, offering her hand to shake. "Yes, Flarie, that's me! This is my private garden...That's really all I'm at liberty to say. Uhhhm...Yes! I do have something for you!" She ducked down for a moment, and picked up a small pot, with a venus flytrap in it. "This was very hard to pry away from Kuile..But I told her I'd find a good owner."


Kiarna

"Nice name..Talis, sir." Mari raised an eyebrow. Elaborate name. Too elaborate, she thought, but she kept those thoughts to herself. She was supposed to be the nice, friendly, helping water Shee, right?


NinetailedNightmare
He eyed her hand for a moment, but before he could shake or refuse to at all, she had ducked down to pick up the plant. "I never imagined gardening as a hobby to put rings around your eyes." At the sight of the flytrap, his lips drew into a thin line. He obviously didn't know what to think. "I am to take care of this? What kind of a flower is /that/?" A mild snort, the fingers reaching out to clutch the bottom of the pot. "I like it. I see why it must have been, even though I don't know who this 'Kulie' is." And of /course/ his name was elaborate. He was French, after all.


Flarie
"Kuile is....Well...Kuile is my 'daughter' I guess...She created all life that comes from the garden here." She points to a certain part of the flytrap that is closed. "There is life in there...Not just plant life..." She nodded. At the moment, having suffered a lack of sleep, she seemed very crazy, talking about all of this life from plants...


Kiarna

"How did you get that curious nickname? 'Ninetailed Nightmare.' Sounds...something like a Halloween story my mother once wrote," she said with a rather 'XD' look at the last comment.

She fell silent at the sight of the plant, however. "Shee come out of the flowers, nee?" Hesitantly, she asked the question she had wondered ever since Kyaa found her. "Flarie, what was my flower like?" For when she had come to Kyaa, she was already a baby.


Karmatic pudding

Karia fluttered back into the gardens, she wasn't tired in the least, but Riyo had been! Thank goodness she had taken him back and stuck him in bed. "Where was I?" She glanced about the snowy garden, she couldn't figure out where she last was! "It's getting cold, I should just move under this tree." Karia slinked away under the shelter of the tree, only to find that that was where she had been before with Flarie and Ryuu. She blinked, a little bit surprised, then noticed the man holding the pot.


NinetailedNightmare
"There's something in here?" He questioned, eying her as if he did indeed think her to be very insane. Thankfully for her, all that walking and slipping through dimensions had made him very tired and he wasn't up to the task of insulting people today. He drew the potted plant closer, stroking lightly at the closed shell incasing. "Are you sure whatever it is is not digesting? These are supposed to be carnivorous after all. What if it opens up later and there's nothing there?"


Kiarna

"Well - " Mari stopped. She didn't know. She didn't even know there were carnivourous plants till now. "Flarie?" she questioned, looking to her for support.


Flarie
Flarie grinned. "Oh don't worry..It's safe...Shee are very tough."

She looked at Mari, and thought hard. "Seaweed! That's what you came from...Actually it was a shell embedded in the seaweed..very unusual for a shee..I think you were the first non-plant Shee...That shell is still somewhere around my office.."


Kiarna
Mari stared at Flarie, disbelieving almost. She wasn't sure whether to believe her or not; Flarie seemed quite mad tonight. "Can I see it, when we get back?" she asked hopefully.


NinetailedNightmare
His eyes suddenly swerved to Mari as she asked her question, narrowing them. Ah, she was joking. "I received the title when I was younger and did... many naughty things. Not that you need to know about them, nor do I believe you'd want to. You will call me 'Talis' at the very least." Rather matter-of-fact, wasn't he?

He turned his attention back to Flarie, glancing back down at the plant. "Shee. Hn. Is there anything important I should know about taking care of it, then?"


Flarie
"Just one thing...Don't ignore it. It will refuse to grow if you do..They aren't like normal children..." Her gaze shifted to the sky. "They have magic...All the Shee have some sort of ability. And it won't be able to eprform that ability if it doesn't feel loved."


Kiarna


She rolled her eyes. Finally, the Talis fellow caught on. "Yessir, Talis-sir," she said in a slightly mocking manner.


NinetailedNightmare


He sneered to Mari, lip curling back to reveal a rather pointed canine for a human. And did his right ear actually wiggle? The pointed ends of them were easy to see, as he had his long black hair pulled back into a low, civil ponytail. "And just what is your name?" She seemed so keen on making fun with his, now he wanted a grip on hers.

He seemed to flinch at Flarie's answer, shifting the pot to one of his arms while the other one was free to push up his glasses. Love? She didn't know him at all then, but he wouldn't dare her that. Now that he'd come all this way, he wanted the little bugger. "Of course. I understand." He replied, giving a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. He had been neutral when he'd walked in, but now he was beginning to ease on over to the defensive, beginning to feel hostile to all these strangers. However, there seemed to be a bland respect for him in Flarie, but the notion could easily be swayed at the moment.


Kiarna


Mari smirked back. She had always tried to be civil to all those she met, but this guy was pushing it. "Mari, Talis-sir. Just Mari. I apologize that my name is a Cindersella out of a ball full of princesses, your Nightmareness." She added an elaborate curtsy for the hec of it.


NinetailedNightmare
"Mari, Mari, oh-so contrary. How about you do something smart for the day and call me by my rightful name? Your antics do nothing to improve your already homely image." A very sweet smile. "If you have a problem pronouncing it, then why don't you just close your mouth all together? 'Silence is golden', I believe the proverb is. I suggest you take note, Princess." And surprisingly a leg was set forth, allowing him to sweep his own mock bow while his plant remained firmly tucked under his arm.


Kiarna
"Silence may be golden, but is it gold? No. It is merely cheap anything spray-painted gold, or perhaps a yellow or orange in the sunshine," Mari shot back. "Talis-sir," she added.


NinetailedNightmare
"Hm? Was that blabbering supposed to make any sense at all?" He lifted his hand, pretending to yawn behind it. "I do apologize, Mari-gold, but half the things that come out of your mouth are blurred away by some infernal squawking. You really do have a terrible voice. Maybe a cold that never left or... maybe it's been worn down from all your chattering. You sound like a magpie with strep-throat. I thought you uglies were supposed to be more friendly?" A purr with this last comment.


Kiarna
At the absurd name, Mari's face lit up and she smiled, a true smile. She looked almost pretty when she was this delighted. Almost. Then the smile was gone, and she was answering, "A terrible voice I may have, but you have a terrible..." She paused. "Hm, let me count."


Kiarna

"Oh, I have no doubt about that." She ignored the comment about 'it' can count, though it stung slightly. It?

Mari glanced around her. "The sun is out, it is morning." She arched an eyebrow: "Will you turn to stone now, Talis-sir?"


NinetailedNightmare
A mild snort from the stately Talis, as he'd easily brushed off the earlier comments for the moment to come study this new Shee. From afar, of course, because he didn't want that Cestian brat wailing at him. Honestly. Was he born from some sort of pansy? He glanced to his own plant, then to the rose once more. His was better, he thought, what good is a rose without some thorns?


Flarie


Deep pink eyes scanned the young fairy boy. She already knew something was wrong...She could sense it..But she wasn't sure what exactly. Her eyes narrowed, and she scooted a bit closer to him "Can you hear me?" She said, looking down at him. Her worried gaze followed up to Mari, then she frowned at Talis..Why had Flarie chosen him again? Did she really think he'd do well with one of her babies? Ergh...She must not mistrust Flarie's judgement..everything always works out for the best.


NinetailedNightmare
"Why should I bow down?" He implored with an upwards roll of his garnet eyes. "If anything, it should be you with your nose in the ground. Your ugliness would surely wither it away. If you want me to bow, you should retain your place under my shoe first." He cocked a brow at Cestian, a slow, sinister smile curling back the corners of his lips. He would bow to no child.


Kiarna
Mari smirked; from the look on Kuile's face when she looked at Talis, she didn't like him much either. Ah well, who would?

The smirk on her face grew wider at Talis's remark. "Very well, Talis-sir," she said with the slightest hint of a snicker.

She sank into a deep cursty, in mid-air, and as she curtsied she did two things very fast: (a) she grabbed hold of Talis and (b) pulled her and him quickly toward the ground, so he was in a makeshift bow. She might be a bit smaller than him, but hey, she was strong.


NinetailedNightmare
A surprised snarl issued from Mr. Reingahmt as he was pulled, whatever she'd pulled him down by actually rippling between her fingers, a black substance suddenly licking at her hands like shadowy flames. As if he weren't all quite there. However, it did not last long, the fabric (I'm going to assume it's his suit) falling firm once more under her grasp. He leaned forward, indeed, but his jaws parted just a little with every inch he sunk. And once she seemed content with his position, he oh-so casually tilted his head and sunk his teeth into her arm. And yes, that little ******** had some sharp teeth. Whether it would pierce her skin or not was uncertain, but each passing second he was sinking them in harder. How... civilized.


Kiarna
"Ouch! Gods - " she was going to let out some particulary nasty words, but instead she let out a gasp of pain. Yes, it was drawing blood, she could feel the teeth puncturing her skin, blood seeping out. Her eyes glazed over in a haze of pain. She kicked him squarely wherever her feet could reach, slapping him with his wings for a good measure, too.


Flarie
((I need to figure out this profile thing..))

Kuile calmly raised her hand, a large shimmery barrier forming between Mari and the newcomer. She did not appreciate the way he was acting, but she was not going to condone fighting in her garden.

"If you want to argue, take it outside of my grounds."


NinetailedNightmare
Oh yes, but one of his arms were free, wasn't it? He caught one of those kicking legs, ignoring the pain that resounded through his shins, and lifted it so high she couldn't possibly kick with the other and stay balanced. The arm with the flytrap was quickly slid behind his back to avoid the damage of the wings. But she'd get what she wanted. The jaws loosened, leaving the hot muscle of his tongue to roll over the wounds he'd produced and lap up some extra blood before he shoved her away. He was strong too, it seemed, and light on his feet by the way he easily lunged back out of her range.

Blood trickled from his lips and stained some of the pale skin beneath his eyes. I'd say the colors matched up rather nicely. A deep, silky chuckle.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with." He informed her, licking at some blood near his lip. "Even your blood tastes horrible. Like chewing on seaweed. Can't you do anything right, Marigold?" He held the pot up for her to see this time, his shoulders quaking with silent laughter as he pulled it to him once more and dug into his pockets. A handkerchief. He was using it to dab away the blood. Ah, the Ninetailed Nightmare still hadn't really changed.


Kiarna
Mari dropped to the ground, dazed. When she heard Kuile's angry tone, she hung her head, and her eyes looked exactly like that of a scolded little puppy. "Sorry, Kuile-Miss."

At Talis's remark, she only whimpered quietly. The fight seemed out of her. She was swaying back and forth weakly, almost drunkenly, and her skin had turned a good turn paler from the wound that still bled freely.
Kiarna
Mari dropped to the ground, dazed. When she heard Kuile's angry tone, she hung her head, and her eyes looked exactly like that of a scolded little puppy. "Sorry, Kuile-Miss."

At Talis's remark, she only whimpered quietly. The fight seemed out of her. She was swaying back and forth weakly, almost drunkenly, and her skin had turned a good turn paler from the wound that still bled freely.


Flarie
The Fairy growled and rose to her feet, stalking over to Talis. "I do NOT want to see any more fighting in my garden. Ever. Do I make myself clear?" she said, her eyes fixed on this..person.


NinetailedNightmare
"Quite clear, madame. I was about to leave anyway." He informed Kulie in a neutral tone. He had no qualm with her, after all. "But I will return if I am allowed. This one should not be left out just because there's a flying monkey here to pester me." He gestured a well-manicured fingernail to the venus fly-trap, delicately running his finger over the closed bud. He lifted his head arrogantly towards Mari, but he had nothing more to say to her. Turning on his heel, he easily made his way into the thicker foliage, image soon obscuring until there was nothing left of the nightmare other than his footprints in the snow.
The office had remained quiet ever since the last employee had passed through the doors about two hours earlier. So what was the sound now? The jangle of metal keys clashing against one another, the tiny skritch when the one aimed at the door missed and scraped at the metal surrounding the hole. Not for long. With a small wrenching sound, the lock was slid out of place and allowed the wooden door to swing silently inwards.

The dark man followed behind it, slipping through the crack of the door like some sort of thief trying to blend into the wall. He did indeed work here, that much was true, but he wasn't supposed to be here so late. Truth was, he would rather sneak into work early rather than have to go home to that drab apartment. There was nothing to do there, and he certainly couldn't just go bother Kyo whenever he pleased. Not any more.

A deep sigh as he wandered down the aisle of cubicles, combing a hand through his inky hair. Yes, it had been a hard day. Not just because of the scolding he'd gotten that morning for putting sour cream in his boss' -his half-/sister/'s- coffee, but because of the event that had followed afterwards. His shoes were a mess. He was really dirty from the go-round with the sea-brat that some idiot had named Mari. Talis slumped rather ungracefully into his office chair, followed by a harsh 'thunk' as he set a potted plant upon his desk. Venus fly-trap; one's jaws agape and the other housing was was supposed to be a child. This was his conquest from all that squabbling. He didn't even know if he really considered it something good or not.

A soft, leather-bound book was drawn from atop a stack of papers. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? Just another writing assignment or a catalogue of the work he'd done thus-far. He did a lot of paperwork.

An ink-pen was slid unceremoniously from the open drawer next to him, other hand flipping through the pages to rest at a clean one. Pen against paper, a flowing movement as if he were painting out the words. Maybe he was a little too elaborate.


The trip into the garden was a little longer than I had expected. I ended up in a few alleys before I fell into that little piece of nature amongst the city. A garden- it might actually be rather nice if it wasn't covered in so much snow. I went there more for curiosity than anything and it's a shame that I might have to go back.

I haven't been tearing people open for three years, yet all of the sudden Ebony is handing me a card with my old nickname on it? Now I understand it must have been something Redd planned- the little rag-a-muffin twit of a coyote. It was all mere coincidence. And yet, here I am, taking care of a plant that doesn't belong to winter and probably won't survive it. Even with a radiator the office is pretty cold. Of course, /I/ would be given this sort of assignment.

Luckily, the thing is different from most plants. It's no real flower. I like it.

There was a girl -I use the term lightly- in the garden named Mari, who just found it absolutely necessary to contort my given name. 'An eye for an eye is a sin' Kyo would have said, but vengeance is oh-so sweet and such would have just been a statement from her. She's as full of sin as I am. Ebony is the only one that bathes herself in the thought of redemption. I wonder what'd she say if she saw that I had a child?

Nothing good can come out of her finding out before she absolutely must or I can get Kyo to tell her off for me. I don't want whatever this thing is under her control. I've decided to call it... 'Dionaea', from its scientific name Dionaea Muscipula, a neuter name just in case it turns out to be a girl. I don't think I'd like to have a girl... Hell, I don't want a child!

Children are only good if paired with chardonay or a little red wine, that has how I look at it. I don't care what that 'Flarie' woman thinks. I'll eat it if it's annoying.

Speaking of brats, I had to bite one earlier. Mari Mari oh-so Contrary, how /dare/ she touch me and expect to get away with it? And she cried when I did it- it wasn't even hard! The only reason she'd have to cry is if I took her whole arm off, but I don't think she needs to look any more ugly than she is now.

And with a careless flick of his pen, he doodled below his entry.

User Image

Though, I must admit her bold for such a move. Then again, she may just be ignorant to my power. Is it wrong to demand a certain level of respect? I think not. She's learned her lesson by now.


Kiarna
((Edit from last post (Edit on the edit) Nvm, I think i can stay up a little longer <3 ))

Mari woke up suddenly. Where was she..oh yes, she was in the Garden. She glanced protectively at the Rose, then looked around her. She could hear something...Footsteps. her eyes narrowed. Very familiar footsteps, too.

NinetailedNightmare
Ah, but his were very soft compared to those of an average being. It was truly amazing she could pick it up but, then again, her ears /were/ obnoxiously large. Or so he thought. Steam curled about his lips from the cold, making him momentarily look like some mutated dragon. Dionaea was tucked under the safety of his coat this time, for the fly-trap was a tropical plant from what he'd found and probably wouldn't like this frost much. Probably the biggest show of sympathy and care he'd shown in years.

His eyes caught sight of Mari over the rims of his glasses and they rested quietly on her and the rose for a moment before he flicked them away distastefully. Snubbed, apparently, by the way he walked on, searching for a place of warmth he could safely take Dion out. Stupid child.

Kiarna
"What are you doing here?" she hissed, fists clenching as she stepped protectively to block Talis's view of the Rose. "Haven't you caused enough trouble for one day?" As her muscles tightened completely, eyes narrowing even further, the bandage on her arm threatened to tear, she was so tense and quivering with anger.

NinetailedNightmare
"I have as much right to be here as you, Mari oh-so Contrary." He replied calmly, quirking an easy brow at her as if he thought her to be utterly childish at the moment. "What's that you're hiding?" He ventured, brushing the second question away as if it hadn't been asked in the first place. "Is it something shameful? Is it..." A thoughtful lick of his lips. "The little ice plant?"

Kiarna
"No duh. You obviously saw it, before I noticed you." Mari stepped toward him menacingly. "Talis-sir," she added jauntily, mockingly.

NinetailedNightmare
"Now now," Talis smirked, raising a hand up to her and wagging his index finger tauntingly. "You heard Kulie. I'm not allowed to beat you up anymore. And if you hurt this plant I'm carrying, I'll have to drain you of all your filthy blood."

Kiarna
"I'm not going to hurt your little Venus Fly-trap. It's not its fault it has such a horrible Gardener such as you." Mari's comebacks were less wit now, but had much more emotion put into them.

NinetailedNightmare
"That's all a matter of opinion, but I don't recall asking for commentary from the peanut-gallery." He replied, taking note she seemed to be a little weaker in her comebacks now. Had he broken her? "Speaking of 'Gardeners', why don't I ever get to see the one that brought up a pitiful display as you?"

Kiarna
"Kiarna? Or Kyaa, I call her, just to annoy her." She smiled bitterly. "She's a crazy fool, most of the time. I think she might have multi-personalities, seriously. There's one side that's all philosophical and serious and can't ever take a joke, and another side in which she makes the stupidest jokes ever."

"But she loves me and took me in as her own daughter, when Flarie gave me to her as a little baby."

NinetailedNightmare
"How touching." He sneered, but the teasing did not quite reach his eyes. No, they seemed... "Hn." The businessman turned away from her, unbuttoning the front of his coat to pull free his Shee. Dionaea was still as green as it had been when he'd first received it, the only difference being that both traps were closed now- he'd fed the other one earlier. He walked to one of the conveniently set trees, brushing away most of the snow with his shoe. "I'm sure you rushed off after I left. Is your 'crazy' gardener after my blood now?" His back was still turned to her, so he sounded as if he were mumbling a bit.

Kiarna

She laughed, laughed. "No, I came in through my bedroom window and locked both doors. She saw blood, I think, when she rushed in, but I managed to push her out. She doesn't know anything yet." She smiled slyly. "She knows you only as a 'good friend who Mari likes to talk to," she added, rolling her eyes.

Mari sat back down, next to the Rose. "Kyaa is very oblivious to everything. She doesn't know that my baby sister, Cala, has somehow figured out every lock and escape route in the house, and that she sneaks out whenever Kyaa is sleeping."

Steal

The rose shimmered a bit, seeming almost to wilt a little at the anger around it. Something dark and mean was close, and it could tell that.

Kiarna
Mari felt the flower stir beside her, and when she turned to look at it, there was a noticable aura of...fear? Something like that. She whispered, "Shh, shh, everything's all right..."

Steal
A tiny blue hand peeked out of the flower a moment, and then ducked back in. A moment later a small foot appeared behind another petal. The little ones were moving around to somewhere safer in the flower.

Kiarna
Mari glared at Talis. "You're scaring them. And I can't even be properly angry at you, else I'll scare them too."

NinetailedNightmare
"I suppose she's human then? Petty things those are." Enough snow was kicked aside that he'd actually sit beneath the tree, easing himself with one hand onto a dryer root. At the glare, he simply snorted. "They're a lot smarter than you are, then. If you'd just shut up and leave me alone like a good little ugly, then I won't have any reason to be 'scary', will I? Besides, I have no fight with the ice-babies, I'm not going to anything to them. Or is that little 'I will protect you' speech just to boost your own self-esteem? I think it is."

Kiarna
Mari glared suspiciously at Talis. "Promise, Talis-sir? You won't hurt them?"

"Yes, Kyaa is human. A rather plain one, too. No powers, nothing special about her looks. The only thing weird about her appearance is that she wears a pair of fuzzy dice in her hair. And her personality...well, it is as I've told you."

Mari got a sly look in her eyes. "Maybe you should meet her someday, come over to our house," she said, her voice honey-sweet-and-golden. (Golden, not gold. XD )

NinetailedNightmare
Talis gave a dismissive wave, another one of those 'I think you're a total idiot' gestures. He crossed his legs before him, setting Dion carefully in his lap. "I'd hurt them as much as I would my own. You're a special case, Marigold, or rather a 'special-ed' case. I'm sure whatever is in there isn't going to be so bold as to yank me around and not expect some retaliation." A smirk and a glance to that bandaged arm. "So yes, I promise not to crush the little rose- fragile as it is."

At her invitation he gave her a bland look. How stupid did she think he was? "And why would I want to do that. An all-nighter at my job sounds more promising than walking over to your house. Who knows what unspeakable horrors you've got lying around the house. You probably have tentacles in your closet."

Kiarna
"I did expect some retaliation - just not a bite. Gods above, it feels like I got my arm bit off by a werewolf, or something!"

"I doubt you will tell me, but I'm curious; what is your job?"

At the response to her invitation, Mari actually laughed. Laughed. Not out of spite, either, it was a genuine amused laugh. What a strange girl. To be laughing with her worst enemy who bit her like she was laughing with Ryuu, or Karia. "And why would you think that? Besides, Kyaa would be there, and she wouldn't let me hurt anyone. No, she's much to sensitive for that."



NinetailedNightmare
"My teeth are sharper than a werewolf's. Smaller, too, so I don't salivate like they do and they don't stick grotesquely out of my mouth." He corrected her matter-of-factly, leaning back against his tree. "It will probably scar, not because I bit down hard enough -I didnt-, but because of the crude manner you've wrapped it up. The bandages are too loose, so it should be getting infected soon." He smirked, as if the thought of infection pleased him. He'd leave a more lasting impression that way, wouldn't he?

"You're correct- I won't tell you, both because it's almost painfully obvious and you're not on that level of casual speaking terms with me yet." He just stared quietly as she laughed, as if waiting for her patiently to finish. His mouth fell open, an obvious decline on his arrogant lips, when he happened to look down at his flytrap. It had paled, just a little, and was flecked with some frost. A mild snarl issued before he quickly tucked the plant safely back under his coat. "Is it warm there? Is there sun?"

Kiarna
"I guess I'll ask a proffesional doctor of some sort to help me with it. I'm not good with anything medical. The best I know is stick a Band-Aid on."

"It depends on the day. It's on a beach, you see; sometimes its cold, sometimes warm."

NinetailedNightmare
"Your domestic skills are sickening." He told her, pressing his glasses a little further up the bridge of his nose. "How about today? How warm is it?" It'd be today or no day, he told himself, because he wasn't going to bring back Dionaea until the snow and chill was all gone and he'd have no reason to go over to that house.

Kiarna
"Yes, I know. I'm absolutely horrible," Mari said tranquilly, without a trace of emotion.

"Today? Let me see. It should be pretty warm - not boiling hot, not frigid cold."

She frowned. She didn't want to leave the Ice Rose, though. Maybe she could put it in a pot? No, that would be wrong, the Ice Rose belonged here in the Garden.

Kiarna
"Okay, one second." She carefully placed a seashell by the Ice Rose - a sort of reassurance that she would hopefully be back soon. "Let's go," she nodded, straightening. "What is your preferred mode of transportation?"

NinetailedNightmare


He rose easily, not even touching the tree as he did. "My mode of transportation is not something you are capable of. What are the modes you are offering me?" He wanted to know his options. He wouldn't quite trust her flying him around, so if that was the only option aside from walking, he'd walk.

Kiarna
"I can fly, swim, walk. I can also sort of make a body of water into a sort of teleportation unit, although I haven't exactly mastered that technique yet." She had discovered this the hard way, when she was looking at Kyaa's fish and suddenly found herself in the middle of the ocean.

NinetailedNightmare
"We'll walk." He decided, sauntering towards her with an odd grace, buttoning up his jacket to hide the scarlet shirt beneath it as well as keep Dionaea in place. He didn't want the plant falling out just in case he had to maneuver.

Kiarna
"Okay..." she agreed slowly. "Pues..it shouldn't be too long a walk, I think. I don't know, I've always flew home," she admitted.

She started off, hovering slightly in the air above head-level. "Um, that way!" she said, pointing, taking off in that direction.

NinetailedNightmare
A sigh issued from Talis, arm securing the plant. Then, with a lean forward, he darted in the same direction as Mari. Damn, he was fast for some p***k in a suit and dress shoes, eh? He was running on his toes, for chrissakes. Just what was he? This isn't a walk, he thought to himself irritably as he jumped some fallen log, it's a run.

Kiarna
((Hmm...skipping to house now ninja ZOOM!))

Fifteen minutes later...

"Um, I think we're lost."

Fifteen more minutes later..

"That's it! That's my house!" Mari cried, pointing at a rather broken-down-looking house. She unlocked the door with a key she somehow produced out of no where, and called, "Kyaa!"


Kiarna immediately appeared in the doorway. "Mari! I thought you said you were going to be in the Garden for the next few days! And who is that?"

NinetailedNightmare
After that first fifteen.

"If I could reach you, I'd bite you again."

As they pulled up to the house, Talis slowed, picking various debree such as twigs from his hair. His glasses had been tucked away into a jacket pocket long ago, so now the crimson eyes were shielded by nothing. He studied Kyaa for a second, measured her up.

"Hello," He began, stepping towards her. "My name is Talis and I'm one of the new Shee gardeners. You must be Kyaa, right? Mari has quite a lot to say about you." Oh. Crap. Was he being polite? The snake- and he could smile while he did it too.

Kiarna


Kyaa clapped her hands over her ears, laughing. "Please don't call me Kyaa! I hate it when people do that. Call me Kia, Kiarna, Rina, any garbled way of Kiarna, but just don't call me Kyaa!" She looked him up and down, adding, "You're really evil-looking. Scary. Nice to meet you." She showed no sign of fear. "So you're Talis, ne? New Shee owner? Come in, come in."

Mari followed miserably behind, swearing silently that she either forgot just how crazy Kyaa could be, or she had just drunk a serious load of coffee. Kyaa chattered on: "It's so good that Mari has friends like you. You know, she got some nasty cut on her arm, fancy that. If I could find the creature who did it, why, I'd strangle him right away with my dice."

NinetailedNightmare
"I've often been told something similar." He replied, his right ear twitching ever so slightly as he forced that smile. "Pleased to meet you, Kiarna." He allowed Kia to chatter away, nodding his head at various intervals while smirking towards Mari when he was sure Kia wasn't looking close enough and might mistake it for a smile. "Is that what that bandage is for, Mari? Why don't you let me have a look at it?" He asked sweetly, purring venom just below the surface of the tone. "How do you know whatever caused it is male, Miss Kiarna?"

Kiarna
Mari glared at Kyaa, then Talis, keeping her arm well behind her back.

Kyaa, totally oblivious to the signs of menace between the two, closed the door behind them. "The way to the beach is through a back door in the kitchen, Mari, go show him. I don't know if it was a him, I guess I should really say him-slash-her, but I'm waaay too lazy," she proclaimed, her face for a second bearing an astonishingly realistic resemblence to the 'XP' that you so often see on AIM or forums and the like.

Mari grumbled, as she led the way to the beach, and seemed even more dejected at the realization that Kyaa was coming along with them.

"I'll just walk with you guys to the beach, just to make sure Mari doesn't do anything stupid. Then I've got to go; Cala also has a friend over."

NinetailedNightmare
"That's fine." Talis smiled, but he didn't appreciate the thought of being left alone with Mari. He wasn't afraid of her, no, he could take care of himself if she put up another fight- or so he thought. His eyes wandered the innards of the house nosily, so accurately that one could raise the question of why he even wore glasses. "Well, I thank you for your... hospitality." Tch. You could tell he had some things to say about Kyaa should the occasion ever come up, but for now he kept it to himself.

Dion was somehow present again in his hands, the bud of the second flytrap slowly sliding open with the new heat. Apparently it had finished and had digested its food. The one holding the Shee, however, was still safely shut, though it may have wiggled ever so slightly. The Shee obviously was pleased with the new climate, Talis noted. Maybe the trip wouldn't be such a waste after all.

Kiarna

"No problem, no problem," Kyaa said brightly, waving the (fake, obvious to everyone except her) thanks away. "So you have a Venus Fly-Trap? Mari came to me as a baby instead as a plant; I wonder what plant she was." (Mari hadn't told her yet.) "Ah, here's the back door. Your Shee-plant will be enjoying this heat, no? Have fun!" And with that, she scurried off to make sure Cala was behaving herself.

Mari sullenly opened the door, stepping out onto the warm beach. Although it was snowing back at the Shee Gardens, it was warm and sunny out here. Sighing with delight at the sight of the vast ocean, Mari even momentarily forgot Talis was there, and dashed out, diving into the sparkling expanse.

NinetailedNightmare
"Indeed." Wow, Kyaa was so smart to figure that one out all on her own. "Yes, I hope it does." It better enjoy the heat. He'd come all this way to give it some. It was cold in the city in which he worked, but there was a lamp there in his office to keep the tropical plant warm. Honestly. Giving the tropical plant to him in the midst of winter was the biggest pain in the a** ever.

He snorted as Mari jumped into the water with no regard for her clothing, picking a particularly sunny place for Dion to sit safe from the salt-water and some of the harsher, sand-bearing winds. And then he sat too, regardless of the sand. He didn't dislike sand as much as he did water, especially that nasty saltwater that made one smell pretty bad. He'd use that later- tell Mari she smelled bad or something a little more witty that meant the same thing.

Kiarna


Mari frolicked happily in the water, diving down as far as she could, swimming as if she were one of the sea. Only when she caught the sight of Talis out of the corner of her eyes, did she remember he was there.

Sulkily, she swam back to the beachshore. She wouldn't behave like a little girl in front of him.

Strangely enough, Mari did not seem wet at all, not even her dress. It was like the water just slid off her.

NinetailedNightmare
Too late. He'd already seen her take to the water like a parched duck and was smirking rather smugly in her direction when she slid out. "Why stop now? You look like you were having such a fun time taking a step back on the evolution chart. I can't imagine how well your wound must be holding up in all that salt and bacteria."

Kiarna
Mari's eyes widened: "Da - " she winced. Stupid, stupid, her. Yes, the bite was beginning to sting. Just a little. Right, just a little...

She tried to ignore it. Geez, why was she being such a big baby? "No, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern, Talis-sir," she said mockingly, attempting to become her old self.

NinetailedNightmare
At the widening of her eyes, he raised a hand to muffle his snickering, though his eyes still sparked with visible, cynical glee. At his side, the closed bud suddenly wiggled, the teeth on the thing rippling slightly. The Shee was responding to these new emotions curiously, taking them in. "Pitiful, isn't she?" He seemed to coo sadistically to his plant, running his fingernail around the rim of the open flytrap and pulling it away just as it snapped closed. A chuckle as she tried to regain composure- he was not that easily fooled.

He lowered his hand finally, holding it out in Mari's general direction. "Come here and let me see it, Mari /dear/." Another purr, inviting and coaxing this time as his hand made a gesture for her to come forth. "I'll fix it for you. It's mine, after all. As annoying as you are, I guess you don't quite deserve to have to get it amputated. That's what they'll tell you if you waste time trying to go to a 'proffesional'- they've never seen /that/ kind of bite before and they'll assume it's a lost cause. That's why I despise doctors... and the government."

Kiarna
Mari glared at him - oh, how many times since she had met him, just a day before, had she done that? She wasn't sure whether to trust him or not; she wouldn't put it beneath him to try and take another bite out of her. She edged a little closer, unsure.

NinetailedNightmare
He raised his brows innocently to her, the garnet hues amused with her hesitation, but not annoyed in the least. That was a good sign- she feared the thought he may take another bite of her and that was very smart. He just may.... or he might not. That was the whole problem, wasn't it? She didn't know Talis well enough to trust him, but she also wouldn't be able to predict just what he may do. What if he /was/ telling the truth? His face betrayed nothing, perhaps to piss her off even more in her indecision. The hand remained held out in her direction, now gesturing elaborately to the spot in front of him as if it were indeed a royal seat instead of a heap of sand.

His other hand disappeared beneath one of the flaps of his jacket, shuffling through in search of something.

Kiarna
The stinging was getting worse. May the gods curse him. She inched a bit closer."What's that you're getting out?" Mari just couldn't trust him; she needed to make sure she could see his hands at all times. Not a very big comfort, but a comfort nonetheless.

NinetailedNightmare
"Your disinfectant. I don't like guns, if that's what you're thinking." He replied, keeping his tone neutral as he removed a small silver flask. You know, the kinds you see the guys produce from their pockets and chug from in the middle of a stressful part of the movie? Was Talis a drinker? And now to wait patiently for her to finally come over. It really didn't matter to him if she did or not, so he wasn't going to make her, but this may be the only chance she'd get from someone as stingy as him.

Kiarna
Mari sighed and gave up, flopping down on the sand next to him, holding out her arm like she was just given a death sentence. She could only hope and pray that she wasn't been a stupid little fishie swiming into the shark's mouth.

No, no, she told herself firmly. Remember, they are the plankton, not the sharks.

NinetailedNightmare

He smirked, reaching out his hand to grip her wrist lightly and draw it closer so her knuckles would sit on his opposite knee. The flask was placed in his lap so his other hand was free, the fingers easily undoing the crude knots and unwrapping the bandages. Surprising- he was being careful, not brushing the wound unless he had to. He didn't want her wailing at him so close to his ear, to be honest.

"I won't lie to you- this is going to sting. It's just as I expected. See these grey marks around the bite? It means that part of your arm is infected and dying. Usually when I bite something, I eat it, so I was not aware of /exactly/ what poison might flake off from my teeth." He informed her, pointing out various spots. "I do now. This is metal poisoning, like the old soldiers in the war you may have read about who had to have their whole arms and legs taken off because the bullet infected the whole thing. Hmm..." He suddenly gripped her wrist tighter, yanking the arm up towards his mouth.

Oh God, he was going to bite it again! Oh, no, that's just his tongue... Licking over the wound and leaving a /lot/ of spit in its wake. Ew. Gag-me-with-a-spoon disgusting! Oh, he really /was/ a boy. Ewwww... ((*bricked*)) But there was a sudden his from the saliva, sinking deeper into the wound and beginning to foam. Yes, it /should/ sting. And he was holding her arm so tight it'd be hard to pull away. Now he was reaching for that flask as if nothing was wrong at all.

Kiarna

Mari was definetely surprised at his careful-ness. She expected him to try and give her the most painful treatment of the wound as possible.

Mari stared, stupified, at him - she did not know much history; Kyaa never bothered teaching it to her, and she had never bothered learning. But before she could say so, her arm was yanked toward his mouth and those sharp, sharp teeth. She cried out in fear, squeezing her eyes shut.

She waited for the feel of teeth sinking into her arm, and opened her eyes out of shock when what she felt was just a wet, slimy something. And, yes, it stung. A lot. She tried to get something out, a horrible curse or something, but her throat felt as if stuck. "Oww..." she managed to whimper.

NinetailedNightmare

"Oh, save it." He told her grumpily, flicking her forehead lightly before opening the flask with his teeth. Someone should teach her some history, or at least some literature. You better believe he was going to pound some lessons into Dion's head whenever they showed up, because he /refused/ to raise an uneducated child. He poured some of the contents over her arm, filling the air with the smell of cheap alcohol. And that would make the stinging worse, if anything. "What a girl." He grumbled disdainfully.

Suddenly, he was craning his head over the wound again, blowing cold air upon it and the foaming substance to nullify the pain. And once it was done fizzing, he poured a little more alcohol over it just to make sure. His eyes were on the wound, ignoring her pained face so he could concentrate on the condition of it. No more fizzing- good. "Hold still." He dropped her arm, beginning to re-wrap the wound, this time tighter and more secure.

Kiarna

Mari hissed. "What a girl? Is that supposed to be an insult?" She finally lost it. "And I can say 'ow' if my arm got bit by some goddamned demon from Hell and was now being slobbered all over and now - OW!" Mari let off a slew of more cursewords.

Finally, it was over. "Thank the gods," she groaned. "No more things being poured all over the bite?" A hint of pleading slipped in her voice, so quiet that one had to wonder if they had heard it or not.

NinetailedNightmare

"No you cannot say 'ow' if that 'demon from Hell' is annoyed by it and is very well close enough to /take off your nose/. " He snarled right back at her, clicking his teeth together to make a point. He settled down after that, wrapping the bandages up the rest of the way.

"You will change the bandages once a day for a whole week, making sure to pour a substance called 'hydrogen peroxide' over the bite before you wrap it. After a week, it should heal up completely, but it may or may not leave a scar. If you disobey, it /will/ get infected again. Do you understand that, little Mari Mari oh-so Contrary?"

Kiarna
"I can, because if you even dare to so much as pull my hair then I will not be very happy. And if I do not succeed in making me happy, then rest assured, Kyaa will not hesitate to strangle you with her dice. After pummeling you about fifty times with them - she just recently took out the stuffing and put in lead instead."

Mari growled. "Fine, I'll do that. Thank you, Talis-sir-your-Nightmareness," she forced between gritted teeth.

NinetailedNightmare


"I don't want to touch your filthy hair. Don't /flatter/ yourself. And if your hair-brained owner tries to throw one of those dice at me, I'll gut her and take her liver home to marinate in onions." At the 'Nightmareness' comment, he grinned. "And don't forget it. Now... get away from me."

Kiarna


Mari hastily scrambled away, until she was standing several feet away. "My pleasure."

"And believe me, demonic idiots such as yourself are no match for a crazy overprotective human."

NinetailedNightmare

"A human with a pair of fuzzy-dice compared to... oh, maybe a scythe? I guess it would be fun to watch. Forgive me if I'm not shivering in my MTX customs(shoes)." A chuckle. "Will you stop cawing? You're making the fly-trap wilt." He lied.

Kiarna

"No doubt that it is your voice, not mine, making the poor Dion wilt."

"And - oh, whatever. I'm tired of defending Kyaa. She can and will kill you, and that's that." She promptly sat down, leaning back so she was lying on her back in the sand. "And if you don't mind now, I'm going to sleep. Don't do anything while I'm not concious to watch you," she said crankily.

NinetailedNightmare
"How did you know it's name? I didn't tell anyone." He asked, eying her suspiciously. "If she tries to kill me, I'll leave. I'm undoubtedly faster than your human. All I came here for was some sun for Dion, so I don't feel like bothering you."

Kiarna

"Really? I could have sworn I heard you say something about the plant's name was Dion. If it really is, then I guess either you told me or I overheard it sometime." Mari shrugged.

She was about to go to sleep as she had planned, but glared (yet again. She likes glaring. Doesn't the word 'glaring' sound so cool? <3) at him. "You know what, I don't feel exactly safe. I'm going back to Shee Gardens. Stay here if you want, seeing as all you want is the sunlight." Without another word, Mari rose in the air and flapped her wings several times, until she found herself at a nice height, then headed towards the Gardens.

-~-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//