Welcome to Gaia! ::


Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

User ImageMaracuja hummed faintly to himself as he trotted through the grass, occasionally dipping his head down to pluck up a dandelion - his favorite snack. Before too long they would turn into inedible puffballs, but those puffballs meant more dandelions next season, so that was all right. He supposed.

The humming was extremely out of tune, Maracuja having nowhere near the talent of his adopted 'mother' Euterpe, but it was cheerful nonetheless.
User Image



Maharet sneezed, the action sending shivers along her whole body, right to the very tip of her wings, vibrating out of the end of the pinion feathers. She wrinkled her nose, giving a little cough as she walked, her hooves kicking up fallen petals from fading flowers. She'd not been allergic to anything when she was a filly, so she either had a cold, or was developing an allergy late in life. She hoped it wasn't the latter as she did enjoy the meadows and fields when they were carpeted in fresh blooms.

She froze after that though, having caught the sound of someone else approaching; did demons hum? She wasn't sure, and her wings opened slightly, her hoof steps more hesitant now. Maharet was going forwards, but only because she'd told her younger sister Marut that she wasn't going to be quite such a 'big chicken' (Marut's words, not hers) from now on. Her heart pounded in her chest though, and she felt light headed as she carried on walking towards the sound maker.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

The flowered stallion dipped down to lip at another dandelion, but paused when he heard the rustling sounds of another nearby. He stood still for a moment, in that silly head-down, mouth-open pose, trying to ascertain if it was friend or foe.
Maharet continued forwards, though her whole body was screaming at her to run. Her mind was repeating what her sister had said, and with those words she was pushing forwards, with shallow breaths and increasingly shaking legs. When the hummer did finally come into view, she stood for a long moment, trying to work out what he was, for he looked very much like part of the flowers come to life on four legs.

What he didn't look like was remotely Kalona, and she tried to calm herself, willing the shaking to go away. She actually greet him as she had a dry mouth and didn't trust her voice yet.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Maracuja straightened, his snack forgotten, and put his ears forward. "Good morning," he said, politely, tilting his head to one side. "Are... are you okay?" The mare looked to be trembling, and he wasn't quite sure why.
Maharet found her voice, nodding and replying;

'I'm okay now.' she said, not sure how to explain how she was reacting. If she told him that she feared everyone until she met them properly in case they were a Kalona he would probably think her a silly mare.
She didn't want that, he had a bright and friendly aspect, and thanks to her sister's slighty bullying tactics she was already feeling much calmer.
'Hello.' she greeted him with a little bob of her head.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

She wasn't okay before? Maracuja tilted his head the other direction. "Well, that's good, then," he said, after a bemused moment. "I thought you might be allergic to my flowers." He smiled, and flipped his tail to show off the passion flowers tied into the hair. "Do you want some dandelions? They're delicious right now, but they'll all be puffs in another week, and those aren't good to eat at all," he added, generously, trying to put the mare at ease. He wasn't sure why she seemed so timid. Perhaps she was just shy by nature?
'No? I don't think I'm allergic to you, your flowers.' Maharet looked at the blossoms in his tail.
'Those are pretty. And unusual? I don't think I've seen those around at all.' she shook her head at the stallions offer.

'No, but thank you. I'm not hungry.'
It wasn't the reason at all for her polite refusal, she only ate in company she trusted, and never when she was on her own. The stallion seemed amiable enough, but obviously she'd only just met him.
'I'm Maharet.' she said quietly, after checking the surrounding area again.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"They're passion flowers," Maracuja said, proudly, puffing up a bit. "They come from a far away land, or so I am told. There were seeds woven into my basket, and Euterpe planted them. I guess they're special for me? My parents probably thought so, whoever they were. I don't really know." He tried to crane his neck back to look at his own colorful back. "You can smell one if you want," he offered.
'Passion flowers?' Maharet echoed. They were most definately foreign to her, and sounded as exotic as they looked. She nodded thoughtfully, not having any idea who 'Euterpe' was, but guessing at a herdmate of his.

'Thanks?' she replied. That would mean a modicum of trust, towards a perfect stranger. She eyed him before moving slowly forwards, aiming of course for the flower at his, nothing in the world would get her to sniff at flowers so near to a stallion's rump!

When she was near enough, she stretched her head up, sniffing at the bloom and then moving away again, catching his eye for a moment before glancing away. Pretty eyes.. The thought skittered across her brain and she made herself smile at the stallion who had yet to give his name.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Maracuja bobbed his head up and down once, with a grin. "Nice, aren't they? My name's Maracuja, after the flowers, in some other two-legger tongue." The name suited him well enough, though with the flower seeds and the flower colors on his coat, it seemed a bit much to have his name be related to the plant as well. Still, it could have been worse. "Which is good, because being named Passion would be kind of silly, don't you think?" He tilted his head to one side and flicked his ears impishly.

She seemed scared, still, and he wondered why. A quick glance at the sky revealed nothing but clouds and blue. "Are you... not comfortable out in the meadow? I, er, we could move under the trees... if you want..."
'They smell nice yes,' Maharet agreed, nodding her head.

'Yes? My mother named me, did yours not name you?' she asked quietly, casting her eyes around their surroundings yet again.

'I wuldn't know,' her attention had returned to the stallion just as swiftly, and gave what could only be described as a shrug.
'A name is a name. It doesn't really say who you are. Or say what you do in life.'
She shook her head.
'I'm. Just on the alert. Always. I'd explain why, but I'm sure you'd think me silly.'

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"Always? Isn't that tiring?" Maracuja tilted his head the other direction.

"I never met my mother. Euterpe found me in a basket in the forest. Tkoli named me after the flower." The stallion shrugged. "It... doesn't bother me too much, really. I never knew her, or my father, so I don't really miss them."
'Sometimes I guess, but I tend to stay around my family, or in a familiar area, that way I can feel..safer.' Maharet was sure she was sounding like paranoid nut or something by now.

'Really? Wow, I don't think I could imagine not knowing my mother and father.' she mused out loud. How strange, he was the second stallion she'd met recently that hadn't knowledge of his parents. Well, she corrected herself, Ethan had only been on the search for his father.

'Do you ever wonder where there are, or think of looking for them?'

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"Hmm... I don't know. Not really," Maracuja admitted. "I like it here, and my herd-mates have always been nice to me. I guess I'm easy to please, or I don't have any adventure in my soul, or something." He snorted, but with a smile. "I wouldn't have any idea where to begin looking, anyway. Maybe where these flowers grow, but I've never seen them anywhere around here. I don't feel like going off in a random direction chasing petals when I'm happy here." The stallion shrugged. "I guess it's familiar for me, too. Safe, like you said." He grinned.

"So is out here not safe? We can... move, if you want. If you still want to talk, that is," he offered, with a swish of his tail. She was kinda cute, but it was almost sad to see her so edgy all the time. How did she manage?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//