Welcome to Gaia! ::


kochi~mochi
monkey_wire
kochi~mochi
monkey_wire
That's pretty cool.

Is it hard learning from him if he can't talk?

He has an interpretor, so not really. He told us that many ASL teachers don't use an interpretor, they write everything on the board and then sign it. He says that that is boring, slow, and hard for people who write sloppily. He then showed us that he writes most sloppily. 3nodding

But i have no problems, i'm picking it up much much better then i did french in highschool. For one thing, you don't have to worry about how to spell things, and you can mutter to yourself as you sign, nobody cares. Some people seem to be having some troubles, but i don't think its cause he doesn't talk.


I like the using and interpretor idea. I can see how that'd be easier that writing on the board then signing it out. I guess that way is cheaper for schools though - they don't have to pay for an interpretor.

I hated French. But it may have had something to do with my teacher. She was eeeevil. stressed
Mr. B pays for the interpretor himself - he's got a much better paying day job. He's a greif counsler for the newly deaf.

My french teacher was the devil in human form. She had this thing about letter height, and said that practically every e looked like a c because "it wasn't open enough". She taught strictly by the book and said "Je m'appel" "Jer mah pell" or something like that. And then told us that we were saying it wrong when we said it the same way she did.


My French teacher couldn't let things go. She was also my English teacher in Year 12 of high school.

We were a few weeks off of going into our exam, and there was some confusion about the usage of dictionaries during the 10 minutes at the begining allocated for reading the exam. One teacher said we could use them, she said we couldn't. We tried arguing with her, and her argument was because the FRENCH students in our school weren't allowed to use a French-English dictionary during reading time, neither were the English students.

Finally I said "Well, can you see the year co-ordinator and make sure", so she did. Came back maybe 10 minutes later, and stiffly told us we were actually allowed to use our dictionaries during reading time during the English exam.

"I still think it's cheating," she says.

Ten minutes of silence passes while we're writing or reading, or whatever we were doing to prepare, when she starts up on it again. "I think it's wrong you can use your dictionary during reading time. It's like cheating."

Another ten minutes or so of silence of studying before she starts up again...

I swear, she was psychotic.

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
monkey_wire


My French teacher couldn't let things go. She was also my English teacher in Year 12 of high school.

We were a few weeks off of going into our exam, and there was some confusion about the usage of dictionaries during the 10 minutes at the begining allocated for reading the exam. One teacher said we could use them, she said we couldn't. We tried arguing with her, and her argument was because the FRENCH students in our school weren't allowed to use a French-English dictionary during reading time, neither were the English students.

Finally I said "Well, can you see the year co-ordinator and make sure", so she did. Came back maybe 10 minutes later, and stiffly told us we were actually allowed to use our dictionaries during reading time during the English exam.

"I still think it's cheating," she says.

Ten minutes of silence passes while we're writing or reading, or whatever we were doing to prepare, when she starts up on it again. "I think it's wrong you can use your dictionary during reading time. It's like cheating."

Another ten minutes or so of silence of studying before she starts up again...

I swear, she was psychotic.


wow. thats a special kind of stupid. 3nodding My teacher was mostly just extremely out of touch with her sense of humor. 3nodding
kochi~mochi
monkey_wire


My French teacher couldn't let things go. She was also my English teacher in Year 12 of high school.

We were a few weeks off of going into our exam, and there was some confusion about the usage of dictionaries during the 10 minutes at the begining allocated for reading the exam. One teacher said we could use them, she said we couldn't. We tried arguing with her, and her argument was because the FRENCH students in our school weren't allowed to use a French-English dictionary during reading time, neither were the English students.

Finally I said "Well, can you see the year co-ordinator and make sure", so she did. Came back maybe 10 minutes later, and stiffly told us we were actually allowed to use our dictionaries during reading time during the English exam.

"I still think it's cheating," she says.

Ten minutes of silence passes while we're writing or reading, or whatever we were doing to prepare, when she starts up on it again. "I think it's wrong you can use your dictionary during reading time. It's like cheating."

Another ten minutes or so of silence of studying before she starts up again...

I swear, she was psychotic.


wow. thats a special kind of stupid. 3nodding My teacher was mostly just extremely out of touch with her sense of humor. 3nodding


I know. She only seemed to like students who were good at French. Which I'm not.

But I made up for that in English. I was quite good at it, so I wasn't hated as much as the other students who weren't. mrgreen
Well, I'm off! I shall return either with recipies or when I find some of my own to add! mrgreen

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
monkey_wire
kochi~mochi


wow. thats a special kind of stupid. 3nodding My teacher was mostly just extremely out of touch with her sense of humor. 3nodding


I know. She only seemed to like students who were good at French. Which I'm not.

But I made up for that in English. I was quite good at it, so I wasn't hated as much as the other students who weren't. mrgreen


most highschool teachers only seem to like students who are good in their subject. 3nodding

Questionable Power

14,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
Spicy Chicken and 5 Veg Rice Salad

Appliances Needed:
Frying pan, Mixing bowl (large), Strainer, Pot pan (small), Pot pan (large) Tin Opener, Wooden Spoon

Taki's Level of Difficulty for the Average College Student: heart

Ingredients:

1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Medium White Onion
1 Tin of Sweetcorn Nibblets
1 Pack of Frozen Peas (Petite Pois)
Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Uncle Bens Boil in a Bag Rice (10 pack)
Olive Oil
Vegetable/Sunflower Oil (for frying)
Ol Del Pasto Fajita Mix Sachet(BBQ flavour)
2 Chicken Breasts

( If your vegetarian you can swap the chicken for vegetarian substitute, such a tofu chunks, soya chunks, or vegetarian 'meat')

Rice Salad:


1. Fill your large and small pot pan with water and bring to the boil, add a pinch of salt. When boiled add a fir amount of peas to the small pot, and the boil in a bags of rice to the large pot. (5 bags will serve 3 people)
2. Whilst the rice and peas are boiling cut and dice and onion and peppers into small squares and put into mixing bowl.
3. Use your tin opener and open the sweetcorn. Drain the juice and empty sweetcorn into the mixing bowl.
4. Drain the peas and rice when cooked and add into the mixing bowl.
5. Mix your ingrediants with the wooden spoon and add the olive oil gradually until you see a glaze over the rice and Veg. Then seaon with pepper and salt to taste. (You should see little flecks of pepper when there is enough used after mixing it together)

This dish is better when the rice is cold and the chicken hot, so leave in the fridge for about 30 mins - 1 hour.

Chicken:

1. Cut the chicken breasts into diced cubes (have some variation, small and large peices of chicken)
2. Fry the chicken in the frying pan with alittle frying oil.
3. When the chicken turns white (or vegetarian substitue is cooked) add the sachet of fajita mix over the chicken and turn the chicken so its evenly coated. (Add alittle more oil if it starts to stick to the pan)
4. When its done empty the chicken and the residue of the sachet into the rice and stir together. (Residue will be like a sauce)
5. Serve. Enjoy.

heart

Questionable Power

14,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
Rosemary Strawberries coated in Caramel with Lemon Marscapone Cream.

Appliances Needed:
Non-stick Pan (large) Cooling tray, Long oven tray, mixing bowl, whisk, (Grater if you got 1 lemon instead of lemon chello), knife for chopping the leaves

Taki's Level of Difficulty for the Average College Student: stressed

Ingredients:

Strawberries
Rosmary Sticks (3 per person) (leaves removed and cut into point at the end. DO NOT throw away the leaves!)
1 Cup of Caster Sugar (plus alittle extra)
Water
1 Tub of Marscapone
Lemon Chello (Liquer)
(If you cant get this you will need 1 lemon)


Rosemary Strawberries

1. Skewer 5 strawberries on the Rosemary sticks with the pointy end of the Strawberries pointed up.
2. Place the long tray under the cooling tray (so it will catch the caramel instead of going over the worktop) and place the strawberry skewers on top.

Caramel :

1. Add 8 tablespoons of water to 1 cup of caster sugar in the pan.
2. Keep jiggling the pan whilst making the Marscapone so it doesn't stick.
(Super hot! Do NOT touch it!)

Marscapone:

1. Scoop Marscapone out of the tub and into the mixing bowl, add alittle sugar to sweeten.
2. Whisk until you see a slight shine on the cream.
3. Add some Lemon chello.
3.* If you didn't get Lemon chello, grate the lemon so the skin (zest) is grated off. Add the lemon zest to the marscapone. Cut lemon in half and squeeze the juice of the lemon into the marscapone. (Catch the pips with your hand)
4. Mix together.
5. Dice up the Rosemary leaves so they are tiny and add to the marscapone and mix.

Bringing together...

1. Serve up dollops of the cream on plates (to the side)

2.When the caramel is golden brown, pour the caramel over the strawberry "kebabs" and leave to cool. The caramel will turn crunchy.

3. When done, serve 3 "kebabs" per plate.

4. Enjoy. Perfect for valentines day! heart

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
It's a good thing this horrible shooting pain in my leg woke me up so I could see these.

I love mascarpone! heart

Questionable Power

14,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
3nodding heart Tis le sex.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Would I look too much like an alcoholic if I wore my Bud Light cap with my Miller Lite t-shirt? Color-wise they match. D:

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
O.o

now thats somthing i've never had to consider. mad d i'd be tempted to say yes?

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Alright, I'll neglect the cap today. I'll change my shirt and wear the cap when I exercise. :B

Time to run off to class.

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
*waves byebye to taki*
I made another step in my quest to appreciate bell peppers.
They had mexican pizza in the caf today.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
I love bell peppers!

I hate my suitemate!

I'm going to take a nap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//