Welcome to Gaia! ::


Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
[ . D u b i o u s . ]
Sai-kun
I watched 300 Monday night, its a pretty good movie. Comic book style adventure, not much brainwork required, so it was just a quick, fun romp.

Ultraviolent, vindictive in true Frank Miller form.

Beautiful cinematography too.

My only problem is the enforcement of incredibly traditional patriarchal Western ideals, demonizing of Asians and gays and lesbians and handicaps, objecification of women, chest thumping and pissing contests.

But it ALMOST made upfor all that with the sheer volume of gratuitous shots of sweaty, half naked, chiseled Spartan physiques XD

Seriously...one of the most homoerotic movies in a while, and it was tasty.


I want to see that quite badly. I'm hoping it's not too gory for my tastes...


( xd I haven't been on here in forever!)


I didn't find it too gory. There could have been guts falling out, but the worst there was was a beheading now and then.

And the mostly naked men. I enjoyed that.

I'm not sure if I really want the new items either...

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
I love the Lunar hair. ^_^ It looks good with the celestial scarf.
Chicken Strips (Another I-can't-believe-it's-not-posted-yet recipe)

Level of difficulty: stressed stressed (It can be kinda time consuming and messy, but you'll get used to it the more you make it.)

You're gonna need:
-Boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenderloins
-Flour and/or unseasoned breadcrumbs
-Eggs, beaten
-Spices, including salt and pepper
-Vegetable oil
-Large bowls
-Fork
-Knife
-Microwave (for defrosting)
-Stove
-Large pot
-Paper towels

Directions:

If chicken is frozen, you might want to take a day or two to thaw it in your refrigerator. But since you have no time for that, then use running water or your microwave. But be careful; your microwave WILL cook part of your chicken! So, it's better to use fresh chicken. I reccommend that you cut the chicken breasts into strips after thawing, because it will not take them to cook as long as whole breasts do. Using bone-in chicken will take forever to cook, and there may be pink spots around the bone, even when you fry it.

Preheat the oil in your large pot. Use medium-low heat, so you do not burn the coating that you will add to the chicken. When the oil is hot, it should have some ripples in it, like water when you throw a stone in it. While the oil is preheating, take several eggs, crack them into a large bowl (do not include eggshells), and beat them with a fork or whisk.

REMEMBER. ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING RAW MEAT, POULTRY, OR EGGS. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES OR MOUTH, OR SWALLOW ANY PART OF THE RAW CHICKEN OR EGGS. YOU MAY BECOME SERIOUSLY ILL IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL. USE TONGS TO HELP PREVENT ILLNESS OR INFECTION.

...But I'm sure you already know that.

Anyway, pour the flour or breadcrumbs in another large bowl. I like to use a mixture of flour and breadcrumbs. Mix in salt, pepper, and any other spices that you like. My reccommendation would be crushed red pepper, for some southern-style spiciness. Mix spices, flour and/or breadcrumbs in the bowl with a fork.

Coat each individual piece of chicken in the beaten eggs, using tongs, and then dip each piece coated by egg in the flour/breadcrumb/spice mixture, using another pair of tongs. Your oil should be hot by now. CAREFULLY dip each piece of coated chicken into the pot of oil, slowly as to avoid splattering. If the oil does not bubble when your chicken is dipped in, then the oil is still not hot. Take out the pieces when they are a golden brown and place them on a bed of paper towels AWAY from heat. ALWAYS cut the chicken open, preferably on the thickest part, to see if it is done. There should be NO pink whatsoever. The meat should be white and stringy, yet tender.

When all chicken strips are done, turn off heat, wash hands, and serve with your choice of sauce, in pastas, in salads, or in sandwiches. This is a great menu item for multiple guests.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
D: Eh, why make my own fried chicken strips when I can get tasty, freshly fried chicken strips at the caf?
Making your own is better, though. It burns calories. (:

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
LOL true. xD Eh. I'll go ahead and add it. There might be some college students who have enough patience and tools to do it. I am not one of them, but what the hey.
Uhg. I feel ill and stuff.
The more I hear about 300 the less I want to see it, actually. Maybe something better will be out in a month when I'm able to go out again.
Well actually I went out today even though the doctors said I should probably stay home, my family went to IHOP at the same time as my friends family was going, the friend texted me "PANCAKES!" and I knew automatically, and I really didn't want to be left out. I wore my friend's hat and a hoodie and a few people stared at me. I heard someone whisper something that sounded mean because the person next to them started laughing.
I almost passed out at the table. I wonder what people thought. I don't think I'm going back out for at least a week.
On an off note, my eyes are much a brighter blue now for some reason. It looks really pretty. :3
As I hear it, the director does absolutely beautiful shots, but he's sexist, racist, and violent.
He did Sin City too and I heard it wasn't much better than that.
I never finished watching Sin City, I didn't really like it.
I never watched it. I heard it was bad.

I like the movies that DON'T tell me my only worth is in being some eye candy for whatever scum the male gender can drag up.
Baranquesseiel
I never watched it. I heard it was bad.

I like the movies that DON'T tell me my only worth is in being some eye candy for whatever scum the male gender can drag up.

Mhm. I don't like movies that make men or women into eye candy. I really prefer what's on the inside of a person, I identify with a character easier if they aren't a shallow bimbo or a beefy jerk. In all forms of media they seem to be regressing character development to a pretty face and a toned body; then just throw on some loosely thought out back-story and you've got gold.
Even in some books I've noticed a real lack of character development in exchange for a nice description of how attractive the characters look. I think it's pretty pathetic really.
At the same time I don't think it's fair to blame attractive people for being attractive, or for using it, sometimes it's all they've got. There's a story in there but I don't feel like telling it. :3
Eh. I like looking at pretty men. I'll admit it.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Banana Smoothie
The more I hear about 300 the less I want to see it, actually. Maybe something better will be out in a month when I'm able to go out again.
Well actually I went out today even though the doctors said I should probably stay home, my family went to IHOP at the same time as my friends family was going, the friend texted me "PANCAKES!" and I knew automatically, and I really didn't want to be left out. I wore my friend's hat and a hoodie and a few people stared at me. I heard someone whisper something that sounded mean because the person next to them started laughing.
I almost passed out at the table. I wonder what people thought. I don't think I'm going back out for at least a week.
On an off note, my eyes are much a brighter blue now for some reason. It looks really pretty. :3


You can always just turn it back around on people you overhear whispering about your new 'do. You can just be like...you want to know about why my head is shaved...? razz You could always just ask.

Flaunt that awesome lack of hair, man! It doesn't happen often, appreciate while you've got it XD
Sai-kun
You can always just turn it back around on people you overhear whispering about your new 'do. You can just be like...you want to know about why my head is shaved...? razz You could always just ask.

Flaunt that awesome lack of hair, man! It doesn't happen often, appreciate while you've got it XD


I definately agree with that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//