Welcome to Gaia! ::


okk...thx for the recipes?
Sai-kun
I watched 300 Monday night, its a pretty good movie. Comic book style adventure, not much brainwork required, so it was just a quick, fun romp.

Ultraviolent, vindictive in true Frank Miller form.

Beautiful cinematography too.

My only problem is the enforcement of incredibly traditional patriarchal Western ideals, demonizing of Asians and gays and lesbians and handicaps, objecification of women, chest thumping and pissing contests.

But it ALMOST made upfor all that with the sheer volume of gratuitous shots of sweaty, half naked, chiseled Spartan physiques XD

Seriously...one of the most homoerotic movies in a while, and it was tasty.


Yeah, the demonizing of certain groups and the objectification of women would annoy me quite quickly.
My one friend was annoyed because she's studied up on Spartan society. Aparently a lot of their society was homoerotic. Though that could just be interpretation.

Also, I'm always sorry when I miss Good Eats. Class ran extra long today. And I thought I lost my earring, but it turns out it just dropped into my bra...
Instant Tomato Soup
First off you'll need water and ketchup.

There are no exact measurements to this recipe seeing that people make it depending on how hungry they are.

Mix ketchup and warm water in a bowl until well mixed, and microwave for about 1 minute. Stir more, and taste it to see if it's warm enough for you. Once it's finished, mix in flavorings such as salt, tony checere's, paprika, anything you like. Use black pepper as a garnish.

You can also make tomato juice, mix ketchup, water, fruit juice and sugar.
If I wouldn't have to order the wigs online I'd go ahead and play around with some, but I think I'll be fine, I'll just wear a hat or something. :3
The bald look seems to work best if you're littler and skinnier, like Natalie Portman. I'm not really that thin, but I am skinnier than most due to my high metabolism, I might be around the same height as her though. If you're not little or anything I'd think people would assume you were a hardcore lesbian feminist.
I think I look ok, as long as I don't wear my glasses; If I wear my glasses I just look awkward.
Bad news Taki, while I was in the hospital they started working on our kitchen. I have no kitchen for the next 4 weeks. I don't think I'll be able to work on any recipes, even though I have to basically stay home for a month. If I can find where they stashed the blender I'll make sure my smoothie recipe is ok, though.
Yup, Sai, only a few hours between surgery and going home. It all depends on how long it takes you to wake up, how long it takes them to get the tests back to make sure you're ok, and how long it takes to make sure you're not going to have any real problems. I had to have a quick physical to make sure I wasn't having any trouble moving anything or had any diminished reaction time or anything. I can see some surgeries requiring you to stay longer, like maybe heart surgery, but they really try to make it as easy for you as possible. I mean I had already been there for days doing nothing and had my skull cut open, I just wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed and eat some real food. =P
I don't know about the thin and the baldness. They show JD bald from time to time and he just doesn't look good bald.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Baranquesseiel
Sai-kun
I watched 300 Monday night, its a pretty good movie. Comic book style adventure, not much brainwork required, so it was just a quick, fun romp.

Ultraviolent, vindictive in true Frank Miller form.

Beautiful cinematography too.

My only problem is the enforcement of incredibly traditional patriarchal Western ideals, demonizing of Asians and gays and lesbians and handicaps, objecification of women, chest thumping and pissing contests.

But it ALMOST made upfor all that with the sheer volume of gratuitous shots of sweaty, half naked, chiseled Spartan physiques XD

Seriously...one of the most homoerotic movies in a while, and it was tasty.


Yeah, the demonizing of certain groups and the objectification of women would annoy me quite quickly.
My one friend was annoyed because she's studied up on Spartan society. Aparently a lot of their society was homoerotic. Though that could just be interpretation.

Also, I'm always sorry when I miss Good Eats. Class ran extra long today. And I thought I lost my earring, but it turns out it just dropped into my bra...


Yeah there were some protracted scenes of mostly naked women squirming around and/or having sex -_-

and yeah...they tried to cover up the whole "Spartans were all about the gay" bit by making them uber masculine and belittling Athenians as "philosophers and boy lovers" when history says they were pretty up on the boy loving themselves.

But there are endearing moments, and the men are almost as objectified as the women, even though they aren't quite as stripped of their active agency -_-;
Well, I'm glad I decided not to go. It would probably have been painful for me to watch.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
This computer is constantly in "thinking" mode. It's annoying. o_o

It seriously needs to be inspected for adware and spyware.

8,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
Wait a minute... They objectified wimminz? (Typo on purpose for humor.)

Psh. Well, I don't care about the inaccuracies, for I don't get pulled into all of that Westernized view, which really is stupid. They're afraid to admit that their ancestors favored both genders, didn't care about size, and a bunch of other stuff.
That, and I know that Sparta held women warriors and athletes. Asian kingdoms were valued for their goods and some of the customs. Everyone didn't really care about the gender or age differences between genders. (After all, guys need their boy toys. xD)
So take that, modern Western ideals! *Flips them the bird*



I can't think up more recipes! gonk Maybe something will come to me tomorrow... Thursdays are nice days for food creativity.
D: I got distracted. And I have like 2 hours to write this story.
I'm hungry. Also, my fiction workshop group is interesting.
Sai-kun
I watched 300 Monday night, its a pretty good movie. Comic book style adventure, not much brainwork required, so it was just a quick, fun romp.

Ultraviolent, vindictive in true Frank Miller form.

Beautiful cinematography too.

My only problem is the enforcement of incredibly traditional patriarchal Western ideals, demonizing of Asians and gays and lesbians and handicaps, objecification of women, chest thumping and pissing contests.

But it ALMOST made upfor all that with the sheer volume of gratuitous shots of sweaty, half naked, chiseled Spartan physiques XD

Seriously...one of the most homoerotic movies in a while, and it was tasty.


I want to see that quite badly. I'm hoping it's not too gory for my tastes...


( xd I haven't been on here in forever!)
All I've heard is that its really gory.
Those new items are awesomeness. I want the hair.

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I don't know if I should get the new items or not.

I like the lunar hair, and the baby falcon.

Everyone's making a big deal about 300. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently the gore is the best part about it. And I hate gory movies. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//