Welcome to Gaia! ::


I'm totally going to make myself PB&J.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
I have pizza and ranch dressing. :3

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
chy290
cold cereal

1/2 bowl of milk
1/2 bowl of cereal
Thank you. Your genius recipe earned a spot in our new section, "What not to post."

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I just had a bowl of granola and milk as a snacky, but before I had macaroni, peas, carrots, mushrooms, chicken and shrimp in a light white sauce.

A bit haphazard, but edible ^_^;

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Sai-kun
I just had a bowl of granola and milk as a snacky, but before I had macaroni, peas, carrots, mushrooms, chicken and shrimp in a light white sauce.

A bit haphazard, but edible ^_^;
Granola and milk is so tasty it should be illegal. I love that granola cereal.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
[ Taki ]
Sai-kun
I just had a bowl of granola and milk as a snacky, but before I had macaroni, peas, carrots, mushrooms, chicken and shrimp in a light white sauce.

A bit haphazard, but edible ^_^;
Granola and milk is so tasty it should be illegal. I love that granola cereal.


Im addicted to the Bear Naked line of granola/cereal/oatmeal :3

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Random aside:
How in the world do these out of place posts get in here?
I mean...you have to be quite deliberate to enter the Food and Drink forum, don't you?
I'd like pizza.
.-.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Baranquesseiel
I'd like pizza.
.-.


I wonder if I can formulate a reliable recipe for pita bread pizza...
Sounds tasty.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
I have a recipe burried somewhere that can be made out of english muffins.

I love English muffins.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Sai-kun
Baranquesseiel
I'd like pizza.
.-.


I wonder if I can formulate a reliable recipe for pita bread pizza...


Super easy too, now if I can find a method to the madness, so to speak...

Well margherita pizza is easy enough...

Pita Pizza Magherita

Needs: toaster oven (not the pop up kind!), or oven

A package of ready-to-eat pita
tomato sauce
fresh basil
fresh mozarrella (preferably not the preshredded kind in the thick plastic bag. Fresh will either be shrink wrapped in rounds or found in the deli section submerged in whey)

optional:
tomato slices
garlic


Take pita out of package, brush with a little olive oil

Put down a thin layer of tomato sauce. Be careful at this stage, as the pita is very thin, its easy to get a watery, overladen crust!

Cut the mozarella into thin slices and lay them on top of the tomato sauce.

Pick some nice leaves of basil from the bunch and scatter them on top of the pizza. You may choose to shred (chiffonade if you're feeling fancy!) them if you like more basil flavor.

If desired, put down some tomato slices under the cheese.
I like the taste of garlic, but I wouldn't generally put raw garlic on this pizza because the toaster oven/oven won't adequatly cook the bite out of them before the pita gets crispy.
I like to mellow out the acidity of canned tomato sauce on the stove top with things like salt, pepper, and this is usually where I add the garlic before hand, but this step can be skipped.

Line a cookie sheet or the pan in your toaster oven with foil and slide your pizza on top of it.

Pop your pita pizza into the oven or toaster oven on medium heat.
Cook until the cheese is melted and the pita crust crisps up a little bit.

For a crispier pizza, you can set your toaster oven to toast.

Eyeball for cooking time, this recipe won't die if you peek in the oven a few times ^_^;

This can be adapted to pretty much any kind of topping you like, go wild.
It saves you the hassle and stress of handling raw pizza dough.
Just word of caution, be gentle with your wet ingrediants as its really easy to get a soggy, messy pizza.
It'll still taste good but it will be a mite harder to remove from the oven, plate and eat, and the pita crust will never get crisp.

Extra Note:
You can make a couple pizzas at once and freeze them flat between sheets of wax paper and in freezer bags.
They still bake up really well.
Though I wouldn't try this with fresh cheeses, though the pacakged, pre shredded cheese takes to being frozen okay.
there was a recipe I thought I should post, but I've forgotten it.

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Baranquesseiel
there was a recipe I thought I should post, but I've forgotten it.


What was it for?
That's what I forgot.

But, upon thinking of it, I think it was for cookies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//